I have a 939C Hystat that is a great little machine with 2800 hours. I was running it today, shut it down to run the excavator, jumped back on the loader, and there is no power to the dash at all. I checked all of the fuses below the dash, checked batteries, made sure there was power to the starter, and still have zero power to the gauge panel or ignition switch. I removed the ignition switch, and did not take a picture or mental not where the three wires go. I have a yellow, green, and red wire....needing to go to battery, start, and relay on the ignition switch. I wanted to get it wired since that obviously isn't my issue. Are there any other areas to look? Other fuses, relays, etc...? I'm at a total loss and really need to use the machine. Appreciate any and all help.
Rookie mistake, but I noticed I put this in the wrong forum. Fat fingered the iPad and meant to put it in the track loader section.
under the dash were the fuse block is,, are any of the fuses hot (have power to them),, also there should be a circuit breaker under there, should have a blue or maybe a red reset button near fuses, make sure its pushed in all the way, also make sure you have battery voltage on both sides of the breaker, if no voltage at breaker look under hood near the firewall there should be 1 or 2 big wire plug in connectors, check the plug in, there should be a big wire in the plug in connector, check the engine side of the harness an see if theres power there, I worked at cat for few yrs an seen this before, bad connection in plug in under hood was a big problem.
That is what it appears to be. Everything behind the dash is working as it should be. The harness on the firewall was the issue. All wiring and connectors look to be sound, but just tapping the dust from the harness loom made enough of a difference to get a better connection somewhere apparently. We ran it eighteen hours over the weekend without a problem. Appreciate the response very much.
next time ya get around to it,,, pull connector back loose an clean connector an put some electrical grease in it an rehook it back together, also get a zip tie an run threw both connectors to help hold both harness tite together.