Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help allis fd20

Love. Towing ยท 2023-10-28 11:50

New guy here sorry I just bought a fd20 i am in need of a motor or could i put a Cummins ist instead or anyone know where i could get one i did pay much like $500 so i am in it ok. I do have the cummins aready Any thoughts or ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, but I think I could put a Cummins in there get a plate made so it bolts to the transmission it might work What do you like

Replies4
  1. #11693TA2023-10-28 13:07

    A Cummins engine will go in there without horrendous problems, but connecting it up to the heat exchangers needed for the transmission will be an obstacle to overcome. To me the tractor looks worn in, and out, so I would be careful whatever way you go. Hopefully you got the push arms and other items missing from the photo as those are quite difficult to source parts for any longer. Probably worth more in parts than you have in it currently. I remember them new on the grounds in Springfield, and probably moved one or two of them.....

  2. #2chidog2023-10-28 15:14

    So whats the problem with the engine thats there?

  3. #3OzDozer2023-10-28 20:27

    First off - You need to fix that U/S track adjuster, and get rid of that welded-in junk that is holding the front idler out in a fixed position. If the track recoil spring can't operate, you stand to do some MAJOR damage to final drives when the track fills with dirt or a rock gets in the track somewhere. If the rest of the tractor has been repaired in a similar fashion, I'd have to opine you're wasting your time and money installing a Cummins in the tractor. How badly damaged is the Iveco engine? You might only have $500 in the tractor, but you're going to end up with $15K into it without too much trouble, if you look carefully at what is needed to be done.

  4. #4chidog2023-10-29 17:42

    I didn't see the idler fix at first. Looks like the kinda stuff I was forced to do in a pinch in the past. You know needed the machine to get the job done now, no time to fix it.