Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP! Bobcat S185 Won’t start INPUT

luv2campnfloat ยท 2009-10-13 12:50

Help! We have a 2003 Bobcat S185 skidsteer. I has a strange problem...'sometimes' it won't start! Let me point out, it does not do this each and every time we try to start it. Sometimes it starts just fine...other times, when we turn on the key switch, nothing happens, and the digital readout says INPUT. When that occurs, it simply won't do anything! If we leave the key on...it will sometimes go thru the beep and glow plug process and then finally start. It is VERY random...but extremely irritating, because we all know - when you really need the machine, is the time it won't start! Please help! :beatsme

Replies3
  1. #1bobcatmechanic2009-10-21 16:15

    controller or a broken wire somewhere

  2. #2droucom2010-07-19 12:49

    The same problem on a 751G Hello, I has the same problem on a 751G, but in the machine I'm trying to repair, the problem persist allways. I'm trying to check the continuity of the harnesses, but I don't have the wiring diagram. Can any one help me?? I suspect than I has the problem on a broken wire. Thks David.

  3. #3Jon Boy2016-11-28 19:50

    Did any one fig out the problem on the input on the panel screen my 763G is doing it too anyone please help