Hi Guys ,I am new to this forum and it looks like there is alot of good info and people here. I just purchased my first skid steer,just under 1000 hrs (about to take delivery), I am new to skid steers and trying to learn as much as possible, I purchased from an auction so I do not think that I will get the owners manual or (for sure not the maint manual). I would like to change all the fluids asap, and start the process of learning all I can about this machine. Is there anywhere (other than the dealer) on line that a guy can get a owners manual for this unit ? or can anyone tell me what oils to use and start me in the right direction ?? Thanks again Ragweed
Try E-bay They seem to have alot of manuals for sale on there
Most CAT dealers offer some type of on line part system, and it is usualy at little to no charge. Tell your dealer you want to sign up for their Dealer store front and want full customer SIS access. with this you should get parts and service manuals and a omm for you machine. I use this system with my dealer and can even order parts after the parts dept is closed.
thanks guys, good info
Just curious, Ragweed did you pick you machine up from Iron Planet and if so any problems getting across the line?
Yes , I will let you know in a few days, in process of getting it trucked up.
on the border, make sure you have your documents in to us customs 72 hours prior to the truck arriving, any used machine has a 72 hour clearing time with them, I had a one day wait cause i didn't get it in early enough, trucking came up very quickly - overnight. have a 226b
No problems at all, too 15 mins at border
Iron Planet for me too. (277B) Also no issues with transport/import.
The common fluids are: Engine Oil- Cat DEO 15w-40, Hydraulic Oil- 10w, Chain Cases- Cat Deo 15w-40, Coolant- Cat ELC (Extended Life Coolant). Hope this helps
Close... Here in Canada (at least my part of the country), factory fill is Cat DEO 10w30 for engine oil. I see that you are in Sask. so I would consider making the change. Guys with deep pockets run 5w40 synthetic.
Anyone running Delo 400 synthetic 5w40? It meets CJ-4 spec which is the same requirement that CAT recommends if you are not using CAT DEO. COSTCO has it for $32/3 Gallons in my area.