I am wanting to add a receiver mast to my motor grader and dozer. On the hoe it looks like the magnetic mounts are the answer. I will end up using one of the led machine receivers. I may try to keep this simple on the grader with just one receiver. I have been looking to upgrade to maybe a Spectra GL422 Dual Slope Grade Laser and trying the CR600 Receiver then adding a 360 deg receiver like the Leica LMR-360B with remote display. It think on the grader a adjustable mast may be needed. Say I am grading a ditch. I set the moldboad up for the angle. I would need to adjust the mast to a vertical position. I would like to remove the mast when not in use. Has anybody build one? Would you care to share photos?
I would check out some uni-Strut fittings on McMaster-Carr to make this up Probably bolt a base plate to the the top of the blade : http://www.mcmaster.com/#33145t53/=w7nk1k , and then run a piece of 1 5/8" strut up to the desired height: http://www.mcmaster.com/#3310t4/=w7nj35 . The strut should attach to the base with strut nuts and 3/8 bolts, making for quick removal The strut is about as wide as a grade rod, so mounting a CR600 to it should be easy. I would suggest using the rod adapter rather than the magnet, as they can vibrate off. For adjustability, try a handrail fitting: http://www.mcmaster.com/#4698t84/=w7ni0n You would have to adapt a piece of strut to round tubing to make it fit, but would be easy to do with a mig welder.
You might be able to do a decent job with the CR600. I would personally get a Spectra LR30, Bullseye +3, Futtura MCR 1, they are all the same. The Leica you are talking about has a remote display. The comparable Spectra is a LR30W. The remote displays are nice, that pesky sun can be a problem sometimes.
I would look at the Spectra LR50W. We also have a mount that has a wide base and has an adjustable pole that you can change the angle to keep it plumb. Build a mount on your grader and dozer, then it's just a matter of removing 4 bolts to put it on the other machine. And like Shimmy said, the remote display is a really handy addition that isn't that much more money. The GL422 is a good laser but look at the Spectra GL622. Not that much more money and has more features like grade match that are very useful. And to me, its just more user friendly.