Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help Cat 416 Boom

cat953 ยท 2011-10-26 19:44

I got a older 416 Cat the boom will not operate right it goes up and down barely, i know the cyls are ok,the rubber hoses are ok,i think its in the valve body, my question is can I take some of it apart while its on the machine without screwing something up thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Lee-online2011-10-26 20:59

    Stall the other functions and see if the boom works. If so it sound like a resolver has a blown oring.

  2. #2cat9532011-10-26 21:06

    if it does work can i replace the oring while the valve body is in the machine [5PC6021]

  3. #3Lee-online2011-10-27 18:57

    yes

  4. #4cat9532011-11-11 14:34

    Lee I had some time to work on this, I replaced the resolver valve with a upgraded one cat had ,still does not work right,what else can I try, it does work if I stall out a other hyd function.thanks

  5. #5cat9532011-11-14 17:42

    well its all fixed it was a blown oring on a set screw on the side which has a ball