Hey guys, Cat th580B tele handler with 5500hrs Most of the the problem is with higher throttle/rpms Between 1500and 2500rpm the engine bogs down and A puff whitish bluish smoke from the exhaust. Any suggestions on what causes this? Cat diesel engine 3054E Dita
I would like to know the same thing..... we have a Lull 1044 with a cummins doing the same thing. I assumed it was the injection pump, but i dont know. How do you like that machine? Dont have any experience with those but they appear pretty good.
It's comfortable In the cab, enclosed with most of the Bells and whistles. I like the single joystick that commands all the functions. I also like having the low mounted boom which gives the operator an increased field of vision. What I don't like is the load sensing hydraulic technology that limits certain functions when trying to feather two movements at a time. Ie. driving in reverse and scoping out. Doing this usually limits your function and you must choose between one then carry out the other. Kind of annoying when comfortable operating lull, terex, jlg, gradall. Making the switch to a cat is worth it once you get use to it
Well I figured out the problem. After swapping a fresh fuel filter I noticed two rubber fuel lines with signs of cracks and kinks. WOT would suck in air from those cracks and caused my powerloss issue.