Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help Diagnosing Cat 303.5 Noise

Kekoa512 ยท 2025-10-02 19:06

Hi Everyone. Would love for you to take a crack at diagnosing this noise for me? It's a whistle or whine and it happens near the end of the video. It happens when I start the machine and it'll happen intermittently as I operate. I assume it's hydraulic related. Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2025-10-02 23:00

    Sounds like an Alternator or fan belt, not there but have seen belts before that squeeled the same, once replaced quiet. Micro belts need to have pulleys cleaned with a pick or wire brush as I have seen packed with dirt some times. Or could be a tensioner bearing starting to squeel. Will have to start somewhere. Are pulleys lined up straight, tensioner working okay. Simon C

  2. #2Coaldust2025-10-03 00:01

    It does sound like the belt driven accessories. Spray water on the belt when the noise is occurring and see if changes.