I been using my mini all most everyday with no problems, well I went down a hill to move some brush, ran for a few minutes then died like it ran out of fuel, the fuel pump working,(inline electric),fuel bowls are full,but won't starts,turns over fine,will run on starter fluid for a couple seconds, don't know alot abouts diesel, the engine is a Mitsubishi k3g,been totally rebuild 300 hr ago,don't know what else to check? Thanks to all
I think that is key. Sounds like you may have picked some debris up from the bottom of the tank. Try blowing the fuel lines back to the tank with compressed air. Also try disassembling the head of the filter and check if any of the fittings are plugged with debris or even the passages in the head.
Confirm the fuel pump is moving fuel versus just running. I have the same machine and fuel system. I have had fuel starvation issues that usually show up by loss of power and rpm first. The fuel pump will run, you can hear it and feel it, but when you check the output line it's not moving fuel. Throw in a new pump and your up and running in no time. I carry a spare pump, they are cheap, in every way!
the electric fuel pump seem to pump fine,i un hooked the line and fuel came out in a good stream,fuel filters are full,i unhook 1 fuel line at the injectors and seamed dry, thanks for the help,
Did you check fuel outlet of the filter to verify filter isn't plugged? I have never had a fuel supply problem with mine past the filter. I have had the suction line between the tank and pump develop cracks from age and begin to suck air. That would show up when the machine was shut down and fuel would drip on the track.
See my post #2 above.
I order a new fuel pump,being parked on a hill i actually have fuel flowing to the engine on it own,so I will replace fuel pump and some fuel line and hope!
Thanks for the help guys,new fuel pump did it!