I have an E200B Cat excavator here on my farm that I need help looking some parts to the final drive.The machine is a 4SG 07508.Most of the gears are good just ring gear and the carrier with it's 3 small gear are in need of replacing.If you might know of someone or a salvage yard that might have dismantled on it would be appreciated for a quick message.If someone might know what parts are interchangeable it would help alot.Someone told me the EL200B is the same as the E200B and that the final drive might be the same as the E150 and the E300 but asking Cat at our local dealer is helpless. If it dosen't show on a computer screen they don't seem to know.i'm sure there are alot of service and parts people that have a wealth of knowledge and might be able to help.I received an email from a gentleman that thought the Mitsubishi was the same as my Cat was made by Mitsubishi and has a Mitsubishi motor in it.Any and all help would be a great help.I haven't posted here for some time and yes i'm still driving my 1977 White Freightliner Cabover up and down the road everyday.Replacing the water pump today but for the MVI inspection last year I needed only an electric horn and fix 3 marker lights.The old girl will see some paint this year I hope but they don't make them like that anymore.
When Cat took over Mitsubishi, what was an MS240 became an E240 ect. I don't believe that there was an actual 200, if I remember right there was a 180 and a 240. I believe that when they upgraded to the B series, that was a Caterpillar built machine. How much different the finals would be I don't know.
My guess is probably an old Nabtesco model travel motor/final drive. Some Doosan/Daewoo/TongMyung parts would probably interchange too.
How would I be able to find out what might work?
I am sure the real Final Drive dudes will post soon, but the way I would look at is to look up the specs for tractive effort. If the tractive effort is the same for E150/E200/E300 and the sprocket pitch circle diameter/radius is the same, then the motors will have the same displacement and same reduction ratio (also given the system pressure is the same).
Get in touch with H&R in calilfornia, or you can contact their New York branch and they'll forward it on to the final drive boys out West. They're extremely knowledgeable about excavator drives.
I was talking to H&R yesterday and hopefully will hear back the first of the week.There is a final drive in New Brunswick out of the EL200B machine with the same number of teeth on the sprocket and the same number of bolts to hold on the cover as well.
Blaster, Send me your email address. Best to start with the parts drawing and CAT part numbers. The challenge you face here is that Mitsubishi actually made your final drive and it was not used in any other CAT application. However, the parts might be available through CAT Vintage or from equipment dismantlers. Lets get you started in the right direction with an OEM drawing, item numbers and part numbers. Lastly, the EL200B is the same. If you want to buy that one in NB, I would say go for it. Just make sure they have opened the unit and can guarantee the parts you require can be used. (which one of our salespeople at H&R were you dealing with?)
send me the serial number from your machine I have a place locally in ohio that is great with any final drive....any make any model..
Thank you for the email my email is [email protected] I bought a parts manual for my machine from Cat. I called on Friday afternoon and the gentleman said he had nothing but would put the request out to others through a search.I called back yesterday around noon but the gentleman said he had nothing and couldn't help.I would be lying if I knew the names.Thank you Al Miller
The serial is 4SG 07508 and it is a Cat E200B. Thank you very much
Email sent
Received it and replied thank you very much