Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC200-7 electrical problem E02

Tonyrey ยท 2013-06-29 10:06

I have question to all expert out there if you would be kind enough to advise me, I'm working on PC200-7 Electrical Error, monitor panel shows E02. By reading a shop manual I discovered that the Error was (E233) By following the steps of the manual it appears that the error 233 was Short circuit of wiring harness ( contact with 24 volts) So started to check the wiring on the cabin side, but all the wiring and connector looks alright ... (No burns,cut,touch or even color fade) If anybody out there encounter the same problem I have??? Please help to pin point me the problem THANKS.. Any help would be greatfully appreciated Tonyrey

Replies8
  1. #1anwat2013-06-30 01:26

    the error code you mentioned above has something to do with PC - EPC solenoid system .you might want to check the solenoid valve mounted on the main pump ,located exactly in the middle of the main pump housing ,check the solenoid coil circuit for potential short circuiting using ohmmeter.

  2. #2Tonyrey2013-06-30 20:43

    Thanks mate, I did what you advise The PC-EPC solenoid reading was 7.3 ohm According to the shop manual 7-14 ohm is Good. What do you think mate??? Any more tips??? Once again Thanks.... Tonyrey

  3. #3coalrulz2013-07-01 11:04

    Tonyrey, have you checked the Emergency Pump Drive (Prolix) switch? If someone has inadvertently bumped switch up, this code may be displayed. I once drove 3 1/2 hours, on terrible gas patch roads, just to switch to correct position. Then I drove all the way back, easy money.

  4. #4Tonyrey2013-07-01 18:57

    @coalrulz Yes mate, the prolix switch is in normal Position. That's the problem I need to fix Here cause when I override the switch my Operator complain about the power it always Operate on E mode they need the max. Power on The Job... Any more tips???thanks... Tonyrey

  5. #5anwat2013-07-06 10:13

    my friend, well if you had performed all the manual troubleshooting procedure ,and no good result.you might want to suspect the main controller.

  6. #6Kenono2013-07-07 12:59

    After checking thoroughly for short circuit points around the main pump solenoid, I am beginning to suspect the main controller for a PC 450-6. I really don't want to open the main controller yet. Is it an open and replace inside parts or is it a case of replacing the whole controller box?

  7. #7John C.2013-07-12 21:21

    The fact that the operator complains of power when you shift the prolux switch kind of indicates to me that the fault code is not changing the operation of the machine. Did you try clearing the code?

  8. #8anwat2013-07-21 00:55

    yes my friend ,whole unit ,as komatsu doesn't supply any parts of the controller .make sure you have checked the entire electrical circuit for possible failure before dealing with the main controller.