Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help Finding Part Numbers for Seals – Grove TMS875C and TMS875 (2002)

caymanp · 2024-10-02 19:03

Hello everyone, I am currently looking for replacement seals for two Grove cranes, specifically for the lift jacks and telescopic cylinders. The cranes are the following models: Grove TMS875C (Serial Number: 221862) Grove TMS875 (Serial Number: 222861) Unfortunately, I do not have the exact part numbers for these seals. I've reached out to several suppliers, but most have asked for the part numbers, which I haven't been able to locate in any manuals or online resources. Does anyone have experience with these cranes or know where I can find the correct part numbers? Any help or guidance on suppliers that specialize in parts for older Grove models would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! Best regards, C.S.

Replies3
  1. #1crane operator2024-10-02 23:46

    Any grove dealer can look up the part # for you. If you aren't in the US, I believe grove has a online help system. If you strike out with those avenues, reply back here and I'll try through my dealer. Dealer will also be able to get you a parts and service manual for that serial number. At least they used to.

  2. #2caymanp2024-10-03 15:07

    Hello, Thank you for your response! I’ve already contacted MANITOWOC a couple of times, but unfortunately, I haven't had any luck. In Mexico, the local dealers were also unable to assist me due to the age of the crane. Would you be so kind as to provide me with a contact, or could you perhaps ask your dealer about the parts? I’m just starting in this business, and it’s a bit frustrating not being able to find these seals. I truly appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks again! Best regards, C.S.

  3. #3crane operator2024-10-03 19:31

    The parts for the 875 should be interchangable with tms870's. I'll contact my grove man, and see if he can still get parts and service manual, and/ or seal kits. Are you not going to do holding valves also? If I remember right, there are three telescope cylinders in those booms, you're disassembling and resealing all three tele cylinders, in both cranes? Why? I don't pull and reseal a cylinder unless there's a problem. Who's telling you this needs to be done? That's going to be a job to reseal both those booms. If you're new to this business, and aren't having a confirmed diagnosed problem, I think you are wasting time and money.