I know this may be a bit more ag than construction but you all are a rather knowledgeable bunch. I have a guy up the road that wants me to rebuild the engine off his international 4156. It has a dt 429 engine in it. I can't for the life of me find a rebuild kit or much of anything for it anywhere. any help would be much appreciated.
Have some bad news for you. The DT429 from what I have been told is an orphan. My IH TD20 B has it and a dealer for American Crane told me that engine parts are practically unavailable as the manufacturers have quit making anything for it. His advice was find a dupe to unload it on before it swarmed. Still have it but replaced it with a Catillac. One other IH farm tractor used it but was short lived. Parts for them got lost in the Komagutsu Dresser Indresco shuffle. Repost in the dozer forum under my tractor model and see if anybody bites.
Just ran across a parts listing in All States Ag Parts for bearings and gaskets for the DT 429. Good news for us with one of the old dinosaurs.