Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Coolant Flush for my grader

rsherril ยท 2014-09-28 11:29

Under "what should I be taking care of now" topic, I've been thinking coolant flush. This probably should have been done when I purchased the grader five years ago, but so much to learn. I could not find much info on HEF concerning this, so I thought it must be simple. Then I thought again, maybe for the simple minded it is. So exploring around other forums I found this great little thread at thedieselstop.com : http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f47/coolant-changing-instructions-163800/ As I suspected and most of you mechanics probably know, it involves a little more than draining out the old and adding some new. Also a good discussion on types of coolants, additives and why at a second post on the same forum different thread: http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f67/coolant-sca-additives-203599/ Hope this contribution helps others that have that feeling they are missing something important on the maintenance list.

Replies0

No replies yet.