Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help for exam

Adam91 · 2022-05-15 14:18

Im at operator school and have my final for bulldozer. (rock, sand, soil) i have to slope the ground to 3% making a road. Sloping is on each side of my cuts. Is there an easy way or trick, to know when you have your 3% slope, other than a slope meter cause the machine doesn’t have one. i have to make a cut of 300 for the bottom of slope and 250 for the top (crown). In form of a road. So, one next to each other…. i am having trouble finding my grade fast. And keeping it since the terrain isn’t flat. It’s got some bumps in it going uphill. also, what can I do to pile up dirt going uphill (ramp), topping it off at the grade marked on my grading sticks. I have trouble adjusting my material and placing it without it going over the paint lines. french is my first language sorry if I’m a bit all over the place.

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952022-05-15 14:54

    Welcome to the Forums Adam! Sorry I don't have any "tricks" running a dozer and shaping a crown just takes time in the seat to learn. How many hours of seat time do you have?

  2. #2chidog2022-05-15 15:27

    And a huge difference from "driving" a dozer and operating it.

  3. #3skyking12022-05-15 17:07

    $3 plastic plumber's level with built in magnet. The default slope line is 2%. Slap it on the cowl in front of you to get your eye calibrated. EDIT: I used to get these for 10 for $10 https://www.harborfreight.com/6-inch-level-with-magnetic-strip-37588.html