Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help ID donaldson oil bath

Scgilber ยท 2013-12-01 06:39

I am a willys jeep guy and bought a donaldson oil bath on ebay. It isn't what it was supposed to be, but I know someone out there needs this. I'm not here to sell it, but more or less, to figure out what it belongs to. See attached, it is approx. 28.5 diameter and 16 high, two outlets 3 and 7/8 and no inlet. If anyone has a clue as to what the original application is please help me find a home for this NOS rare part. Scott PS I already have tried contacting donaldson, they weren't interested whatsoever...

Replies4
  1. #1Scrub Puller2013-12-01 08:15

    Yair . . . I had a wander around Google images and there are similar units on the Jeep and Jeepster pages . . . there is something about that mounting bracket that is vaguely familiar. I would say it is definitely automotive, no pre cleaner, the air goes in the holes . . . unsure of the purpose of the smaller outlet can some one remind me? Cheers.

  2. #2ol' Grump2013-12-01 08:20

    Wouldn't the smaller one be hooked up to the top of the engine to scavenge vapors?

  3. #3stondad2013-12-01 20:23

    ...........or inlet for an air compressor. I suggest you join "Just Old Trucks" and ask over there. Some regulars there are very good at identifying stuff. I'll guess something that was G.M. powered.

  4. #4Lee (MN)2013-12-03 19:27

    What Jeep are you needing a Donaldson for, 3A,B,CJ5 ?, I may have one. Interesting filter, and in great shape! Lee