Hi guys. I'm a newbie on this website. Our family has an old D7 that hasn't operated in 20+ years I'm guessing. It's been inside a shop it's whole life, but I cannot remember the last time it was used. The serial number is 3T8424SP. Can anyone tell me what year it is? My dad used to tell me it was from the '40s. I know it's a 3T series and very old. What does the SP at the end stand for? I've searched the internet for serial number info, but haven't found much. It has a gas pony motor to start the diesel. Thanks in advance for any help. You can reply here, or via [email protected] .
That a 1948 model. SP stands for special parts. Most likely transmission gearing change or other attachment options that were installed on original assembly.
Magnet, thanks for the reply. Where do I find a list of serial numbers? I remember using this dozer when I was in high school. It was a beast! It could push down big oaks, no problem. I wonder if I can get her running again.