Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help – Identify fluid reservoirs.

spikesantee ยท 2024-02-13 09:24

Greetings! With the return of warmer weather, I've been out learning more about my Cat 955H, S/N 60A09195. In this picture, which reservoir is in Box 1 at the bottom of the picture? Which reservoir is in Circle 2? The dipstick in Circle 2 is just to the right of the brake peddle. How do I add fluids? I have the service manual but I can't match up the pictures to be sure.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-02-13 11:56

    Does your Service Maniual contain a copy of the Operation & Maintenance Manual.? If it doesn't then you have an important document missing because it covers how to check levels and add fluids amongst a host of other things. Click this LINK , continue as a Guest, and Search for SEBU6448. The illustration below should pop up.

  2. #2spikesantee2024-02-13 20:03

    Dear Nige, Thank you for the suggestion. I went online and downloaded the manual.

  3. #3Nige2024-02-13 22:08

    Did it answer your questions.?

  4. #4spikesantee2024-02-14 11:36

    Yes, Box 1 is for the Range Selector, Bevel Gear, and Steering Clutch oil. Circle 2 is for the Power Shift Transmission fluid. Thanks for the advice.

  5. #5Nige2024-02-14 11:57

    I'm glad that you got sorted. Information on machines of that era is not available online unfortunately. Also the Service Manual should come with a copy of the O&M Manual - provided that it is complete. The O&M section is separate within the Service Manual binder and often goes walkabout.