Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1985 Liebherr 612B Engine Removal

Jeffrey Bandel ยท 2024-02-12 09:18

I have a 1985 Liebherr 612B Track Loader. The engine threw a rod threw the block. I need to remove the engine. Can anyone provide some pointers? I've pulled lots of car engines but nothing like this.

Replies11
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-02-13 16:46

    first thing do you have something that will lift the engine it is most likely 1,800 -2,000 lbs

  2. #2Jeffrey Bandel2024-02-13 17:29

    Have a big tractor and a Cat 299D

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-02-14 02:06

    Try to find a service manual or talk to a dealer. A JD dealer may be of some help. JD sourced loaders from Liebherr for a few years.

  4. #4Jeffrey Bandel2024-02-14 07:25

    I've tried a few dealers. All the guys that worked on them are retired.

  5. #5Welder Dave2024-02-14 17:01

    We're all the service manuals destroyed too?

  6. #6Dave Neubert2024-02-15 07:49

    Don't think that they will lift high enough that loader is pretty tall

  7. #7OzDozer2024-02-15 09:05

    I have never heard of a Liebherr 612B crawler loader. Are you sure it's not an LR621B? You can acquire the service manual for the LR621 from the site below. Wait for a few minutes and you get a popup offering a bigger discount on the purchase price. You will need a pretty high lift setup that can lift over 2000lbs to probably 5 or 6 feet high. Do you have or can you build a mobile gantry crane? Liebherr Crawler Loaders LR611 LR621 LR631 LR641 Service and Repair Ma This Liebherr Crawler Loaders LR611 LR621 LR631 LR641 Service and Repair Manual PDF Instant Download provides owners and technicians with detailed information for maintaining and troubleshooting as well as servicing and repairing the covered model.This comprehensive PDF manual includes clear... www.manualboss.com

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-02-15 16:55

    I missed that. I was thinking 621 as I've seen them before.

  9. #9Jeffrey Bandel2024-02-21 13:55

    621B.

  10. #10Jeffrey Bandel2024-02-23 07:11

    I have that manual. It doesn't give any specifics on engine removal.

  11. #11OzDozer2024-02-23 08:44

    Well, if there's no specifics in the manual as regards engine removal, it will likely be because the engine removal is simple and straightforward, to anyone with a lick of mechanical knowledge. Do you have any Liebherr dealers in your State that you could call and ask about the removal procedure?