Seen in historic Fort MacLeod Alberta (Canada). Anyone here able to identify the crane? I am new to this. :> Thanks for any help! To see more pics of the truck and crane, or to read about the notorious American Hotel seen in the background, go here... http://www.bigdoer.com/6027/exploring-history/the-notorious-american-hotel/
I can’t really say ChrisBIGDoer, but it’s similar to a Lima, that someone has pulled the outriggers, boom and rear drive axle out of it. Bay City, Insley [ ? spelling] and Little Giant all had some small dinosaurs that favored this too. Resurrecting it would be a hoot wouldn’t it?
Hmmm...would one have to un-pin the base of the boom and somehow raise it up to clear the cab for roading ?... looks like the boom would hit the truck cab before resting on the crutch... finally got some snow up here in Parry Sound
I just saw a Little Giant while walking our dog and it’s isn’t the same as this one for sure. I just saw the rear view on the link you posted, and it looks more like a P&H to me from the back.
ITs aP&H 15 or 17 ton .Juice frictions,they were an ok crane in the day,once you got air out of the hydraulic frictions and brakes.pull the levers twiceand pump the pedals twice. Great picture Dave
I bet it had a shovel or hoe front on it, the boom would be angular. You can keep that white stuff, it got to 29 f here last night, I almost stayed home this morning.
Thanks everyone for help identifying it! I got some emails too and most seem to think it's a P&H.
tugger isnt that what p&h stood for pump and hold or was it poor and hungry but they were a good crane and that magnatorque swing was tough and strong as hell
I'm thinking they had an air hammer on it. The tray on the side probably wouldn't have been factory. There are a bunch of little machines out here that ran drop hammers or what ever they could get there hands on to drive little wood pile on the coast and up the Columbia.