Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help locating grease line termination

DelVin · 2015-09-28 16:32

I recently bought a used 325 Serial# 514015603. It was missing a few parts that I’ve now replaced, but the one I thought would be the easiest is killing me. There is a grease line for which I cannot find the termination. It starts at a zerk in the front by the boom. It’s #27 and #30 on the attached location or even a photo of where this line terminates? View attachment 325 HOSE (2).pdf

Replies12
  1. #1DelVin2015-09-28 16:37

    Of course, my first post got screwed up. Should have read, "...attached location. Could anyone help with an exact location or even a photo of where this line terminates?"

  2. #2lantraxco2015-09-28 16:49

    It's either for the swing pinion gear, or the tail end of the boom swing cylinder. Probably the former.

  3. #3Nige2015-09-28 16:53

    I'd actually go for the latter based on the angle of the elbow #27 at the opposite end of the grease hose from the fitting.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-09-28 17:39

    Could be for sure. A lot of these minis, the pinion grease is just an elbow screwed into a drilled and tapped hole in the upper frame base plate though.

  5. #5DelVin2015-09-28 18:12

    The Service Manual says it's the Swing Circle Pinion. So, I basically stretched out the new hose across the upper frame plate and cleaned down to the original white paint an arc; especially where it seems to line up with the inside of the large swing gear. I must be missing it by a just a hair, but before I continue to dig, I figured I'd ask if anyone might know or have a picture. I haven't really looked around by the motor carrier, the hose would reach, but it'd be a very poor placement (considering one sharp corner).

  6. #6DelVin2015-09-28 18:16

    one more thing. If I place the hose in the shape displayed in the parts diagram, that is, off to the left, it doesn't seem to go anywhere. The far outside of the swing gear appears to be straight back, so I was only looking there. Should I put more faith in the parts diagram and basically look for a fitting somewhere out over the tracks?

  7. #7lantraxco2015-09-28 18:49

    Usually right next to the swing motor, YMMV

  8. #8DelVin2015-10-05 13:36

    Found Ahg, Since the prior owner told me the tube had been removed, I spent far too long looking for a ¼” pipe fitting. I cleaned just about everything except the existing hoses because there was no way a fitting was going to fit below those, right? WRONG. The existing hose was still attached. It was only when I had not other place to clean that, once I cleared the debris, found one hose was not attached at one end. Stupid me. Trusted a seller…..hopefully the hours are correct on the machine, etc…… Anyhow, I’m only out 2 hours and the $30 for the hose from Bobcat. Thanks to those that replied. I figured I’d post a photo showing what I was looking for-just in case anyone else ever has to find it on this machine. This photo is from sitting in the cab. Top right is the zerk location (from my first photo-red circle). I’m holding the end of the line. It’s basically in the center of the machine, about 8-10” behind the boom swing.

  9. #9SidewinderGlenn2015-10-05 19:28

    So where does the grease go ? To the Swivel Joint ?

  10. #10DelVin2015-10-05 19:48

    Swing Circle Pinion Near as I can tell, it's dumping it out onto the outer swing gear, but I'd have to lift the cab to be certain. The service manual calls that fitting the "Swing Circle Pinion", but then doesn't list "Swing Circle Pinion" anywhere else in the entire manual.... typical. It's def NOT the swivel joint.... Below is another picture. Sorry about the poor images; I'm trying to get it all with my phone..... Red arrow is the fitting Green arrow is the Swivel Blue is the Swing motor For bearings, in the last picture, my hand is under the hoses right where the green arrow is in this one. Hope that makes sense.....

  11. #11Nige2015-10-06 03:20

    That fitting will be dumping grease on to the swing drive pinion which will then spread it all over the ring gear as you swing. It's a good idea to grease it with the machine in different positions so the complete rings gear gets greased.

  12. #12Garrie Denny2015-10-06 05:19

    every 15 compass points will do fine.