Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP ! Location of check valve in fuel rail D-6T

WrenchWarrior ยท 2014-01-23 19:50

Coding low fuel rail pressure,found cracked and leaking fuel separator bowl and trash etc in same. Replaced all filters and installed new bowl. I know there is a check valve in the rail system but can't remember where and yes I know CAT doesn't call it a check valve but that is what it is basically. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance. Robin

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2014-01-23 22:25

    If it's a C9, flywheel end of the head, on an elbow, connects to the return line. 369-6662 regulator assy (fuel pressure) be sure to get the "blue" o-ring 214-7568 some have a tee on the elbow for the pressure sensor. I used a PEZ serial number since you didn't give yours.

  2. #2caterpillarmech2014-01-24 06:17

    Yep it is a bear. Spent two hours the other day doing one. Once you see the rail, it is on the tail of it.

  3. #3Nige2014-01-24 06:24

    It's Item #5 on this diagram, looking forward from the back of the engine.

  4. #4WrenchWarrior2014-01-24 16:21

    I can not Thank You folks enough for the help, I have only done this once before about a year or so ago and unlike years ago I now suffer from CRS. Some days I can't even remember what I had for breakfast. Thanks again Robin.

  5. #5Construct'O2014-01-24 18:08

    When you go to replace #5 do you take out the floor boards and go end that way?Or take off the side sheilds and get to it from the right side.Both i'm guessing?