Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help me diagnose my prob with my 883 bobcat

HelpMeFixMy883Deutz ยท 2024-08-19 18:42

When using my 883 recently I'm having a problem. When it's cold everything works normal, but once it get hot,it randomly will start loosing rpm I'm if I'm on the controls. Doesn't matter what I do,lift,dump,forward,reverse,turn, if I input anything even the slightest it will drag the engine rpm down.(if I didn't let off it would for sure die) the machine has had a pump whine for prob 10 years now,but it's never been an issue. Fluid and filter is new in the last 150hours,I don't see any aeration in the hydraulic fluid. Also the belt is new in the last 50hours.The last 2 times it's done it I've been able to very slowly limp it back to the barn and park it. The engine runs normal and brings back rpm as soon as you let off of the controls so it's not engine related as it runs normal at any rpm. If you let it cool off it will operate normal again until it's hot and under heavy load. Is my pump going out?? Any help would be appreciated, sorry for the long post!

Replies8
  1. #1crewchief8882024-08-19 19:13

    when it starts to bog down, take a look at the fuel primer bulb and see if it's collapsing, or check your fuel filter

  2. #2HelpMeFixMy883Deutz2024-08-19 19:16

    That's deff not it,thay was the first thing i checked as I had a prob with the pickup tube being blocked not to Long ago,and it woukd suck the primer bulb shut. Pickup tube,filter,primer bulb,soft lines are all new in the last few months. Thanks for the comment though,that's deff a go to prob alot have.

  3. #3Vetech632024-08-19 19:44

    Those primer bulbs have check valves in both ends that get trash in them and will block the flow of fuel. It sounds like you have another fuel restriction problem.

  4. #4HelpMeFixMy883Deutz2024-08-20 15:34

    I guess my question would be,if it's a fuel problem why does it only do it when it's hot? In the past when I had fuel problems it would do it all the time. Genuine question. I'm pretty Mech inclined,buy new to skidsteers/hydraulic systems. At least working on them,not opperating them.

  5. #5Vetech632024-08-20 15:39

    Try to notice if this problem comes up when ypu are using the loader arms/bucket or when traveling....or is it both?

  6. #6HelpMeFixMy883Deutz2024-08-20 17:48

    It's deff both,but seems to happen mostly when I have a full bucket and or am going uphill(digging in a pond currently) but once it starts it won't stop until i let it sit and cool down l. Starts under heavy load,but once the heavy load is removed it continues

  7. #7Vetech632024-08-20 18:03

    Is there any type of engine/hydraulic gauge or alarm that goes off? What exactly are you calling hot and how are you verifying that?

  8. #8HelpMeFixMy883Deutz2024-08-20 18:19

    No alarms,no lights on the instrument cluster. When I say hot I just mean normal operating temperature. It's deff not overheating or anything like that,but it doesn't do it until you run the machine for an hour or so. It's perfectly fine when it's first starting out.