Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP Missing CAT Serial number to replace radiator

Kekoa512 · 2025-01-24 19:56

Hi all, I think I might be in trouble on finding a radiator for my cat mini ex. Had it for about 2 years and the guy I bought it from thinks it’s 303.5 but there is ZERO indentification on it. All I have is measurements and the fact that it’s got a Mitsubishi engine. there’s no return policy so I’m afraid to order the wrong one. Anyone have any insight into helping me better identify this thing with breadcrumbs I’ve got? Also have measurements on the radiator. Thank you!

Replies23
  1. #1laidback012025-01-25 02:55

    Hey, for what it's worth, I contacted a seller on eBay who sold those 3 or 4 core racing radiators... gave them the measurements, where the holes had to be, the thickness, and mounting peg measurements. it was a bit of back and forth, but they sold me a radiator that worked well - and is still working some 8 years later. I can't find the seller in my records or my eBay history. Now, to be fair, I've bought 3 of those alloy "racing" radiators and have had mixed luck with them. one of them failed inside of a year - I think due to galvanic corrosion, but the other two have worked fine. In both the dodge and the deere, I put in fresh coolant AFTER heavily flushing the systems. Coolant that is old tends to become like an electrolyte and destroy alloy.

  2. #2Coaldust2025-01-25 04:27

    Aloha, Welcome to the HEF. Looks like an interesting machine. What’s the story of that grey market beast? Mobilewrench is in Kona. He’ll fix that ol’e radiator up for you. All this Hawaii talk has got me jonesing for some Da Kitchen Maui fried chicken.

  3. #3Kekoa5122025-01-25 10:55

    Haha I wish I knew the story! A contractor here was selling 3 mini ex’s in preparation for new equipment. Me and a buddy took all 3. Id never been on before then and now I find every excuse to kick up dirt. Really appreciate the mobilewrench reference, I’ll try to track him down

  4. #4Kekoa5122025-01-25 10:56

    Really appreciate the response. I’ll look into it!

  5. #5Kekoa5122025-01-25 10:59

    Aloha @Mobilewrench — any chance you could help with this radiator? Im in Honolulu and travel pretty easy

  6. #6Nige2025-01-25 11:29

    If he doesn't reply send him a PM.

  7. #7heymccall2025-01-25 11:45

    Whether it is an AFW or a DCH 303.5, the radiator is the same, 169-1145

  8. #8heymccall2025-01-25 11:49

    That comes back to this, 360-1743. Dimensions to compare yours, But, note that the inlet and outlet are dirctly in line with each other on this drawing.

  9. #9heymccall2025-01-25 12:24

    Now, a 301.6C has a radiator where the inlet and outlet are in opposite corners. 243-6260

  10. #10CM19952025-01-25 12:38

    FWIW - Looks like a 303.5, what series is anyone's guess.

  11. #11Coaldust2025-01-25 12:48

    I’ll toss this out there. When I run into a radiator issue when a replacement is difficult to source, I box it up and send it to Seattle Radiator. They will either fix the original, find a replacement or make one.

  12. #12Kekoa5122025-01-25 13:39

    Dude thank you so much. Your first guess was also CAT’s first guess when I called them and like @CM1995 said, I’m just worried about the series number. The guy I bought it from THINKS it’s a 303.5 or 304, I lean towards 303.5 but I’m a total noob. The pictures you sent looks identical and I think the dimensions line up, I’m gonna double check when I get home. The inlet/outlets on 169-1145 match up as well.

  13. #13Kekoa5122025-01-25 13:40

    I’m pinning this as an option. Thanks again. CAT part showing around $1300 for replacement.

  14. #14heymccall2025-01-25 18:43
  15. #15Kekoa5122025-01-25 18:46

    Oh yikes I see what you’re saying

  16. #16heymccall2025-01-25 18:46

    Plain ole 304.

  17. #17heymccall2025-01-25 18:47

    The 243-6260 looks closer.

  18. #18CM19952025-01-25 18:52

    BTW - Moved this thread from Excavators to Compact Excavators.

  19. #19Kekoa5122025-01-25 23:46

    That looks like the one. It references a Mitsubishi motor as well. I think I figured out what model it is: CAT 303.5D CR. All the dimensions seem to check out too. That’s a relief to know.

  20. #20heymccall2025-01-26 00:56

    If it's truly a 303.5dcr, wouldn't it be a 271-7047 radiator?

  21. #21Kekoa5122025-01-26 02:10

    I was hoping you would come back and take another shot at it. I just looked that one up and it looks like it’s the wrong inlet/outlet setup so maybe I’m wrong? I came across 380-6367 (below) which looks like mine and references a 303.5ECR. It also looks like the one you referenced earlier for the 301.6 but I looked up the dimensions for that one and it appears to be much smaller. I’m just trying to find the dimensions for 380-6367 so I can put a fork in it already, or just send it off to be rebuilt. Thanks again for all the efforts.

  22. #22heymccall2025-01-26 10:42

    303.5D RHP with the 271-7047, which started production in 2010. This is your image, just stretched and flipped.

  23. #23Kekoa5122025-01-26 11:51

    Do you have dimensions of that radiator?