Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help – Need engine production date for Cat 3508

Banjoman59 ยท 2024-11-08 12:13

I cannot find a serial number guide for Caterpillar that I can access. I need to know what the year model is of a Model 3508 serial # LLE00462, is it 2004?

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2024-11-08 12:33

    LLE00462 is a 3508C Petroleum Products engine and was built on 11th March 2008. TBH for all parts & service information you don't need anything more than the Serial Number.

  2. #2Banjoman592024-11-08 12:45

    Thank you! I really appreciate your help. I'm working on air permitting for a customer who bought several similar engines second hand. Is there a way to access a lookup table for serial numbers without bothering you.

  3. #3Nige2024-11-08 12:50

    The last Serial Number document I have in pdf format was printed in July 2006. I haven't seen aything more recent than that. Even so that document doesn't give specific manufacturing dates for any particular engine Serial Number. Cat assumes, rightly or wrongly, that anyone wanting information regarding a (relatively) recent product will go to their online system and get the info. It takes only seconds to look up a Serial Number. How long is your list.?

  4. #4Banjoman592024-11-08 12:54

    Just three. LLE00633, LLE00169, and LLE00461

  5. #5Nige2024-11-08 12:58

    In Serial Number order....... LLE00169 - 19th December 2006 LLE00462 - 6th March 2008 LLE00633 - 31st March 2009

  6. #6Banjoman592024-11-08 13:06

    Thank you, this is so helpful. I appreciate your time and your knowledge.