Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help! Need Komatsu pc75uu-2 Starter selenoid

denjoe81 ยท 2018-09-18 07:24

So.. it sat for 3 years, Paid $2500. Cab is dented in from a tree but didn't affect it's usability. Reliable sources told me it ran excellent until it died. Wouldn't start. Burnt valves. Took head to shop and had valve job done, were bad but now all good there. After putting new batteries in, starter selenoid stays engaged. PITA! (I need to get it to start and warmed up to expand rings etc). Got white smoke so I'm confident it WILL start. I need a used or new starter solenoid. $900 plus for new starter! cannot find a d*&#@ solenoid, Any info will help. Thank You!!

Replies2
  1. #1excavator2018-09-18 11:31

    Any good starter/alternator rebuild shop should be able to get you something for less than that.

  2. #2Delmer2018-09-18 12:05

    You sure the solenoid is bad? have you verified the crank wire voltage drops when you release the key? Have you tried new contacts in the solenoid? clean up and sand the plunger? bendix clean and lightly greased?