Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help-need to find 200t excavator with big reach

Keith Bowman ยท 2007-11-12 07:38

Main reason for registering her is I need a large excavator in it's longest reach configuration (PC 1800/EX 1900 size) to place 70,000 tonnes of 46 tonne rock armour in the Isle of Man next Summer (2008)-I am looking for contacts/information to help me find one please.

Replies15
  1. #1Countryboy2007-11-12 21:08

    Welcome to HEF Keith Bowman! :drinkup

  2. #2Keith Bowman2007-11-13 02:31

    Cheers Country Boy-very friendly :drinkup

  3. #3Countryboy2007-11-13 02:54

    The biggest Armor Stone we deal with at our quarry is 20 (US) tons. We move them around with a loader so I can't really help you on the excavator end. I did do a little searching on a Komatsu PC1800's boom configurations though, and here is what's available: It doesn't list payload of the different configurations though. I found the above information here: Komatsu Europe I don't know if this helps any as I'm not very expierenced in what you are trying to do but maybe that will help you get started. By the way, how are you getting that Armor Stone transported to the project site?

  4. #4Keith Bowman2007-11-13 03:22

    Thanks for that. I have found a couple of machines in Indonesia one in USA and a Liebherr in the UK but none with long boom/stick configuration so any leads or pointers for anywhere would be appreciated from anyone reading this. The Armour will be coming from Norway on 21,000t barges then transhipped to shore using a smaller 2,000t barge and either dumped on the shore at high tide for recovery at low tide or run staight off the barge to an onshore bund then placed using excavators ranging from 45t to 200t all fitted with GPS control systems.

  5. #5Countryboy2007-11-13 03:24

    Wow, sounds like a big undertaking. Make sure to post some pictures.

  6. #6keily2007-11-13 14:42

    hi keith you might find an excavator that size in dubai for placing stone as they are using them for sea retaining walls .

  7. #7soiled undies2007-11-13 22:12

    deer licious Hey, where do you get that picture of the cowgirl on the john deere? I want a bigger copy to give to my gf.:beatsme :beatsme

  8. #8Countryboy2007-11-13 22:21

    I found it somewhere on the internet about a year ago. I can't remember where though....:beatsme

  9. #9surfer-joe2007-11-14 21:23

    Keith, try these guys. They manufacture a lot of extended sticks and booms for all size machines. While you might not have time to wait for a custom long-reach attachment, they might know of some folks that have what you are looking for ready to go. ============================ Weldco-Beales Manufacturing Inc. Mailing Address: 12155 - 154 Street Edmonton, AB T5V 1J3 Street Address: 12155 - 154 Street Edmonton, AB T5V 1J3 Phone: (780) 454-5244 (800) 661-4155 Facsimile: (780) 455-6770 Email: [email protected] Website: http://www.weldco-beales.com Good Luck!

  10. #10soiled undies2007-11-15 15:48

    new cheap parts Call me, 604 789 6499. Cooley. I have an inside contact at weldco in langley.

  11. #11Keith Bowman2008-03-19 13:17

    Thanks for that-been away for a while-job now summer 2009-getting new machine made to measure

  12. #12Sparffo2008-03-24 15:41

    try this! HI! found anything yet? you might try these: http://www.euromachinery.eu/index.asp?parenttaal=en They have a lot of relly big stuff! I have been in contact with them about some UHD machines, and the service is great! good luck! remember to take some pictures of the HOT blonde norwegian girls also

  13. #13Keith Bowman2008-03-25 07:22

    Cheers Sparffo-they have a cat 5130b-because the job has gone back 12 months we are now getting a special machine made for the job. Will get some pictures from Norway !!

  14. #14HRD Remco2008-04-05 15:59

    And it will be a very special one :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Will it be Rusch or STC ....

  15. #15HRD Remco2008-04-22 18:51

    AND HERE IS THE ANSWER: The dutch are doing it AGAIN...!!! http://www.highreachdemolition.com