Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX200

dmaxdiesel ยท 2007-11-11 16:06

Looking for an excavator to use around the farm and maybe some part time work and I like what i hear about these excavators and the deere counter parts. My question is what is the difference in a "-5", "-3", "-2"? I see EX200 LC's the same year with a different last number and was wondering. Is there any year's to stay away from? The one's I'm thinking of going to look at are anywhere from a 1992-1998 with 4000-6000 hrs. Another thing i haven't been able to find is do they all have a way to change the control pattern on them or are they all set up a certain way from the factory? thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1Countryboy2007-11-12 19:04

    Welcome to HEF dmaxdiesel! :drinkup

  2. #2CascadeScaper2007-11-12 19:20

    The -2, -3, and -5 are different series. The EX200 in itself was a model, but contained different series, -2 being the oldest and -5 being the newest. Komatsu uses the numbering system for series indentification, while Deere and Cat use letters to distinguish between series in excavators. Hitachi and Deere look basically the same, but the major difference between the two were the engines used. Deere used their own engine, Hitachi used Isuzu as far as I know, I'm sure somebody will chime in with particular differences and common parts between the two.