I have a TD8E with the big long transmission and it won't go into reverse. It will go foward into all three gears, but will not go in reverse in any gear. Could it possibly be a hole in the suction line?
Does it stay in neutral when you move the lever up thru R1, 2, &3 or does it go forward on the reverse side ?
It stays in neutral.
Could be a bunch of things. You have a forward and a reverse clutch pack as well as gear clutch packs in your transmission. Sounds like the reverse clutch does not engage or the reverse gear/shaft is broke. The R clutch pack is hydraulically controlled and there are 3 valves involved. One, the pilot control valve, is controlled by the shift lever and two on the transmission controlling the power shift sequence. So it could be a valve, the linkage between the lever and the pilot control valve, a hose, the hydraulic cylinder, the reverse clutch pack itself, or the reverse gear counter shaft. First check the linkage to the control valve connected to the lever then check the hoses from the pilot control valve that run down to the transmission valves. On the transmission there are some pressure test ports. You need to find the reverse test port and check the pressure and work from there depending what you find it the trouble wasn't the linkage or a hose. Good luck with this-could be a simple or a not so simple thing. If you want I can show you where the port is on a TD7G but it may not be the same as an 8E. gg
I've had the range selector value off, cleaned the spools, and put it back on and it went in reverse. But when I went to foward and then back to reverse it wouldn't go in reverse.
Mine is doing exactly what you mentioned 3 speeds forward whether I am in forward or reverse. And I have no neutral if I throttle it up it goes forward in 3rd gear. This is all the stuff I have tried plus just put on a new range selector valve. And I am still having the same problems. I bought an international 125e crawler loader it was not running I got the engine running after day and a half and it would not move so I tried switching hoses and stuff that did not work I finally pulled the transmission out pulled it all apart replace the seals and O-rings put it back together and it worked fine for a while then soon first gear started acting up and then the other gear started acting up so I pulled the transmission out again and found that the spiral snap Rings were installed incorrectly when I pulled it apart so I put them back in and correctly the second time they had all busted up and came out so once again I got new seals and everything and new spiral snap rings and installed everything correctly I marked all the hoses with different colored zip ties put everything back together now I have no neutral no reverse I pulled it all apart again replaced all the seals again checked all the clutches with air to make sure that they worked they're all performing correctly put it all back together still have no neutral no reverse I have three speeds in forward when I put it in reverse I have three speeds and forward also what could cause this thank you Bucky