bought this 743b bobcat. noticed yesterday some oil on the floor inside of my left rear tire. suspect oil seal needs replaced and maybe the bearing. can someone tell me what the black plate is with a rubber seal located between the tires and how do you remove that plate. suspect its a way to get to the rear drives. could be wrong though. bobcats are new to me thanks norm in missouri
To get at the back side of the bearings/axle/etc you will need to remove a lot of stuff.... pumps,etc... you will also need a special tool to install new seals/bearings not to hard to make one yourself if you got some machining experience. The axles bolt on to the sprocket from the inside of the chaincase so removal is necessary to do any seal bearing work. And..... if you're going to do that much work for one seal.... you might as well do the rest of em'
Those axles seals are a pain in the ass. ^^^^ is right on. Not only will you need the installer to put the axle back in the tube, you have to attempt to stab the axle sprocket at the same time. You will wish your arms were 6 inches longer through the entire job.
in between the wheels there is a black plate on the outside of the frame. probably 14 inches long 10 inches tall. what is that plate for and how does it come off. looks like a rubber seal behind it. thanks norm
Ahhhh, I see you've probably had the pleasure of doing this before LOL!!!!
More times than I wish to remember.
I know the manual says I have to remove the brake system, control linkage but do I have to remove the I think the hydraulic pump on top also and if so will it create anoil mess. thanks norm
The hydraulic pumps sit on top of the access cover to the chain drives. The oil mess is the very least of your worries here.