Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help on finding info or worth of antique Western Wheeled Scraper.

jgustman ยท 2011-04-26 21:35

Hi, I'm wondering what it's worth as they seem to be hard to come by or find pictures of them for that matter. If anyone can give me any info. it would be greatly appreciated. We are looking to sell it. I did just see one very similiar to this sell on a industrial machine website sell for $1,500 and had no paint left on it. It's set up to be pulled by a tractor, but may have been pulled by a horse team earlier, as it's age is unknown. It's been sitting in the trees since my grandfather bought it used in 1965, but appears to be in good condition. It is stamped with Western Wheeled Scraper Co. , Aurora, ILL. and a 579 stamp. It is missing a board that was stood on at the rear between the wheels that has rotted away. Located in Plainview, Ne 68769.

Replies11
  1. #1mitch5042011-04-26 21:52

    That's actually a grader, not a scraper. Looks real nice, will the blade lifts work?

  2. #2jgustman2011-04-26 22:50

    Everything should work, but I can't verify. I was back home for Easter and took a pic of it,but I'm 4 hours away but could have my father get it up and going if need be... It wouldn't take much work to free things up if they are not already moving as there doesn't seem to be any heavy rust on it. Just looking for more info. from someone who knows about them or if there's any interest in it. If it belongs in the grader forum please move it to there.

  3. #3DogPoor152011-05-09 22:54

    I don't know anything on the value of the scraper you are asking about but I came across one today on my neighbors property. It doesn't have any of the original paint and the nameplate was difficuklt to read but I was able to make out "Western Wheeled Scraper" and "Aurora IL." It is all grown over in high grass and has a robin's nest on it. It looks to be a larger model and some modifications may have been done to it. Where was the "579" located on the one in your picture? I would surnmise that that is a model number. 'll try to get a good picture of it and post it as well. I found this post by doing a Google search for the name of the scraper. Good luck on your research. Oh, and it is a scraper.

  4. #4Catch22!2015-04-05 01:53

    Hi. I am restoring a Western Wheel Scraper. Unit says 597 on the upright that raises the blade and is marked 597 Patent 291906 on the hubs. It looks just like the one in the first picture. I am in need of a blade for this machine and would consider purchasing another unit to have extra parts.

  5. #5dmaxlb72015-04-09 19:19

    I have one of these if your interested in it. Not sure of the model number but it has a Western Wheeled Scraper Company Aurora IL on it.

  6. #6dmaxlb72015-04-09 19:24

    It doesn't seem to have a blade though.

  7. #7old-iron-habit2015-04-09 21:49

    Check out the ACMOC site. Hundreds of posts on these old terracers and pull graders and links to some good data bases in some of the posts. Use the search function on the site in the upper right corner.

  8. #8Catch22!2015-04-10 00:17

    Thanks for the post. Any help I can get is most appreciated. I will post what I come up with. Bruce

  9. #9bob ferguson2015-04-20 21:40

    western wheel scraper 581 I have an identical scraper to yours if you are serious about buying one.I was also going to restore it like you but mine doesn't have the seat. I do have the blade. I was just going to sell it after restoring it anyway. I live in the saint Louis area and its sitting in my front yard. not wanting to give it away. I know its worth money. just not sure how much yet but I am working on it. [email protected] or call or text 636-577-5681 I can send you a picture

  10. #10Catch22!2015-04-21 12:16

    Hi Robert. Most appreciate your posting. I will check with the owner a and see if he is interested.

  11. #11bob ferguson2015-04-21 12:34

    western wheeled scraper Ok Thanks. Sorry I didn't post a picture but I have an I phone and I can easily send a picture to a phone number or e-mail address. I know a lot more about tractors than I do computers.