Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help on kill switch

ckinser1 ยท 2016-01-25 16:48

It warmed up to 50 today and I started my case 590 sl . She fired right up and I ran her for a good 15 min. When I went to shut her down nothing happened she ran right on. I assume there is a kill soleniod maybe that is sticking. I choked off the fuel line to get her stopped. Anyone know how these machines are killed and where to find said item. Also a problem my manual pump seems to have stopped working. I used it while trying to clear my fuel filter. It pumped at first but now the handle just moves without resistance.

Replies2
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-01-25 18:23

    Really depends on which injection pump you have.. if its a Bosch VE pump the s/o solenoid is right above the injector lines, where they hook up to the inj. pump.. has 1 wire going to it.. NORMALLY.. you would get a NO-START condition if the sol. was bad,, seeing its spring loaded to the s/o position and requires constant 12/24volts to energize it.. UNLESS your getting feed back from the alternator..

  2. #2ckinser12016-01-25 19:21

    I disconnected the line going to the fuel pump as well as disconnected both the battery and alternator and it still ran before I resorted to pinching the fuel line. I think my solenoid must have some dirt or a weak spring. I know where it is just wasn't sure if there was something else I might have overlooked.