Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help Please!

pjflyer ยท 2017-06-22 12:01

Got a good deal on a lift. The person I bought it from said it was a Telstra (I think he meant Telsta). No manuals, no data plates, just the lift. He said it has a 70 foot reach. Can anyone identify this so I can get some manuals, plus any info would be great as I have zero knowledge on these things. I see a few smaller "oil lines" that have been disconnected as well. Also I'm wondering how to power the hydraulic pump, can I use an 18hp gas motor with either a belt or chain drive? What would be the optimum rpm ratio to drive this, and which direction (no rotation arrow on the pump)? Lots of questions. I can take more pictures if necessary. Please don't call the phone number on the side, it's not my number. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1pjflyer2017-06-22 12:05

    More pictures

  2. #2pjflyer2017-06-22 12:09

    more pictures

  3. #3pjflyer2017-06-28 10:10

    Update. After scouring the web and looking at many different pictures of lifts, I think I found that this is an MTI V6a or MTI/ Teco V6a. If anyone is familiar with this type any info would be helpful. Thanks