Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Torque hub ?

bdmb ยท 2017-06-25 00:42

What would cause these cracks on this cover? Thinking about v the outside cracks and weld or use JB weld. Notice no markings on the tag, anyone be able to guess a model number. Thanks. 1997 Genie Z 45/22 with a kabota motor

Replies4
  1. #1crane operator2017-06-25 08:05

    I would guess they've been shoving it around with a telehandler forklift on a jobsite when its stuck, bumping the cover and cracking it. If you weld it, I would then cover the weld with a smear of jb in case the weld gets any contamination from the oil on the cover.

  2. #2kshansen2017-06-25 09:17

    Not sure if this will help but you could start with this place: https://www.oerlikon.com/fairfield/en/products/torque-hub/ They appear to be the people who make the Torque-Hub so they may be able to help. However sometimes companies are under contract with the people they build components for to not sell directly to a customer.

  3. #392U 34062017-06-25 14:33

    A lot of those torque hubs are timed and if the planet pinions in the carrier aren't lined up right it won't slide in properly. I wonder if someone previous had it a tooth off and tried to jam the cover on with the bolts?

  4. #4bdmb2017-06-25 20:09

    Sounds logical, I was thinking to thick of shims inside. Picked up this machine at rb auction in 2016 and just got around to looking into the hubs. This one was siliconed inside and out and still leaked.