Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help! Quick hitch attach not working on Takeuchi TL230

boatskipper ยท 2017-06-03 03:02

i have a TL230 with hydraulic quick hitch (which I hate and wish it had regular old manual quick attach). Anyways, today the button stopped working and I can't get my root grapple off to replace with another implement. I checked all the fuses and they're all good. When I press the button nothing happens. I'm stuck with the grapple on and I need to do some brushhogging ASAP. Any ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1Canuck Digger2017-06-07 00:08

    Why not call your local dealer/service department.... It must not be the first one it's ever happened to?? Good luck

  2. #2Mark132017-06-07 23:19

    When you disconnected the hydraulic hoses for the grapple did you make sure the little safety switch on the top hydraulic outlet was flipped forwards? When you hook an attachment up that uses the auxiliary hydraulics it pushes that collar back and makes the quick attach inoperable while hoses are hooked up.

  3. #3seville0092017-08-05 16:33

    You probably have it solved by now, but on my ASV, my quick attach pins were not releasing. Turns out they just needed to be greased really bad (had never realized there were zerks on them).

  4. #4Ramin Barai2023-11-16 21:16

    How did you solve that problem?

  5. #5service@milmar2024-02-29 08:35

    Just happened to me with a TL8

  6. #6service@milmar2024-04-11 08:59

    With the TL8 there was a safety switch by the hydraulic hook ups. It apparently got hit and that keeps the quick hitch from working.