Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help selecting Hydraulic Breakers

HRPServicesTX ยท 2015-12-21 19:22

I'm looking to buy a new breaker to mount to my ctl and rig up so I can pound steel pipe in the ground. Mostly around 3" diameter. I'm looking into the ones that are 750ft lbs of impact energy. The research on these is new to me, and I've never run one. Few models I'm looking at are.... Chicago Pneumatic RX6 John Deere HH80 Stanley 556 I need help figuring out any others that are real good to look into, also if any in my list I should pass on? Do I want it to be real heavy, or on the lighter side better? Right now I'm leaning towards the RX6, the specs on it seem really decent. Thanks for the input and help!

Replies4
  1. #1Boulder862015-12-30 19:32

    Hey there I use a breaker as a pounder all the time.. I have a 360x from quick attach that puts out 1000ft lbs. I pound anything up to 12" wood poles so I'm thinking 750ft lbs should be a really quick pounder for 3" steel! I would recommend making the attachment as heavy as possible as it will tend to bounce and rattle off the post if it is too light!

  2. #2HRPServicesTX2015-12-31 19:40

    Thank you for the input. I'll be pounding the pipe into slabs of rock about 8" thick under the surface of the dirt. I believe when all said and done the total weight will be 1k#. I'm hoping to receive the breaker next week to start fabricating the mount.

  3. #3Boulder862016-01-01 13:35

    Yeah mine is about 800lbs and I'm now trying to get it up to 2000lbs. If the attachment isn't heavy enough it will transfer too much shock back to the Skidsteer..

  4. #4HRPServicesTX2016-01-04 10:30

    I have an idea how I'm going to make the attachment and mount for the breaker. You have any pics of yours I could see how youre setup?