I have a case skidsteer serial# jaf0045492 that has been painted over. Am told it is a 1840 and not certain of the year. Thanks!
Finding information on S/N's is very hard, unless you want to buy a book or download a program! Well I guess if you just call the dealer they might give you the information. After much digging I found this on some site that I can not promise is 100% right but looks reasonable: Going by that chart I would speculate that you have a 1989 1840 Case. Not sure why but on the Case Parts online page they claim you can use a serial number to look up parts but yours or the one I have from the 1984C we had at the quarry come up not found. Could be that due to the ages, as our is about the same age as yours, they never put them in the computer system. I know Cat only goes back so far with their SIS records.
Thank you kindly Sir. Might be a buyer on this Case, but I'm a lil skeptical. It's been painted over and was told it is a 1840 from the mid 80s. They gave me a manual with my deposit but the manual is from 92 from what it says on the bottom of the pages. Looked for the sn on the machine and couldn't find it. It seems like a good runner though
I can give you a rough base line. The pre 93 machines were Power Tan with orange decals, given yours was repainted this wont help but maybe there are some areas that did not get repainted. Also the 93 and older machines had split arm rests. The 1994 models and newer were Power Tan and grey with a single lap bar.
Does this help at all?
I have an Case 1840 Skid Steer just wondering what year it would be the ser. Number JAF0110814 thanks Lee