I just picked up a set of tire chains for my JCB 190 and the darn things dont clear between the tire and the wheel well. Any ideas?? any one own one of these skid steers and have used chains on them before? will wheel spacers solve my problem? Are all 8 lug skid steer wheels the same bolt patern? Also what do you guys think about studs instead of chains? Thanks a bunch DAN
I was going to try the wheel studs sometime as well. As far as the chains what you may try is flipping the rim. On my CASE machines the offset on the rims is not 50/50 so you can flip the rim and change the distance between the tire and frame. I do that when I run OTT maybe your JCB rims are the same way.
That is exactly what I did a few minutes ago. It seemed to work ok, just a little woried about how the rim seats on the hub. The holes bumped out so when mounted inside out the rim dose not sit completely flat on the hub.
Yea you may want to retorque the lug nuts after a day or so.