Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help value this relic!!

hellwig492 ยท 2014-04-07 23:06

I have a 1982 Koehring Skat Trak 2250 skidsteer (you can stop laughing now) that I'm trying to put a value on. It has a 60hp Kubota,foot controls,remote hyd.,4 new tires and wheels,all new axle seals,all fluids and filters changed,new radiator and water pump,2k lift 4k tilt. It operates well for a rig of its age. Is there a market for "old iron" and if so how do I set a price on it? I haven't seen many for sale to compare it to. Thanks for your time!!

Replies16
  1. #1John C.2014-04-08 01:11

    Figure what you have in recent costs and then run the machine across a scale. Find scrap prices and adjust to your satisfaction.

  2. #2digger242j2014-04-08 06:53

    I never even heard of one. I'm sure we'd all like to see a picture, if you can.

  3. #3hellwig4922014-04-08 13:02

    I'll see if my son can get some pics up! Not my cup of tea!

  4. #4popsiclepete2014-04-08 20:33

    Any old machine that runs good and operates without leaks is going to be somebody's hobby machine on a small parcel of land. Acreage owners around he are always looking for some older reliable machine that can move dirt and snow. Some have quite deep pockets and would probably pay $3k to $5k. It must be clean and have a full cab with heat and AC.

  5. #5Skidoojunky2014-04-08 21:18

    Yup......we need pics! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #6Skidoojunky2014-04-08 21:20

    Does it look Ike this? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. #7hellwig4922014-04-08 23:32

    Skidoojunky- It's a similar looking chassis but it's all red in color. Probably older too.

  8. #8jwith682014-04-10 12:14

    Sounds like equivalent specs to the old New Holland L35 or L775. I've seen them advertised needing significant work for $3k or more, and that's usually the V4 Wisconsin gas version. They also don't have auxiliary hydraulics. The Kubota engine and new tires/wheels/seals/radiator/etc. should make yours more valuable. Shoot, being truly "ready to work" makes it more valuable. If it were me, I'd start around $5k and see what happens - bet you don't have it long. For reference, just about a year ago, I picked up a decent-but-needing-some-attention 1993 Mustang 940 for just over $4k. Six months of sorting, and not quite $1k later, it was a pretty good little farm machine. It had good tires on it when I bought it, owner called them new, I called them 80%. If not for that, would have $5700+ total in it. And I haven't seen anything since with the same capability that I could touch for less than $7k.

  9. #9hellwig4922014-04-13 21:23
  10. #103X82014-04-13 21:26

    What keeps it from falling?

  11. #11hellwig4922014-04-13 21:29
  12. #12hellwig4922014-04-13 21:32

    It's frame is helium filled!!

  13. #13hellwig4922014-04-13 21:34

    I'm no Bill Gates so this is the best ya get! HA!

  14. #14Yesterdays Iron2014-04-13 22:29

    List for $6000 and sell for $5000.

  15. #15hellwig4922014-04-14 11:39

    Have it sold for 4300.00 if he likes what he sees. I figure that's fair enough!

  16. #16Delmer2014-04-14 12:15

    Don't take any less, I wouldn't be shocked to see it go for near 6 in that shape.