Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HELP!!!! Volvo 290B…

G60syncro ยท 2006-03-02 10:18

Okay, I need help ASAP!! We're building a quick coupler for a Volvo 290BLC excavator and I need to get a dimention taken on the machine. Currently, no dealer in the province has any, they're not a very popular model!! Most people use the 240 or skip directly to the 330. Anyhoo... is there anybody on the forum that has a machine or nearby access to one to take a quick measurment with a tape. The picture above shows what I need... I eyeballed 20 3/8" outside the idler arm ribs as shown by the red line across them.... But eyeballing this dimension won't do it because our standard bracket will hit the idlers when the bucket is fully curled-in. Tell me what you get on your machine. It would really save my day if anybody can get me that info!! Thanks guys!!!

Replies2
  1. #1denick2006-03-02 13:13

    Karl, If it might help, call Tyler Equipment in Prospect CT. ask for Joe or Nuno in service they are a major volvo dealer. 203-795-3925 Nick

  2. #2G60syncro2006-03-02 15:06

    Hey thanks!! I just spoke to Joe, he directed me to their other branch in Mass. that have one in their yard... I'm waiting for a reply!! I'm also waiting an answer from Volvo themselves... Sometimes they're fast with those kinds of questions, sometimes not... So I'm not betting my money on them right now!!