Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

help Volvo excavator ec150 2002 bucket disconnect

StevieV · 2026-03-22 15:59

Has anyone had experience removing the quick connect for the S one on a Volvo 2002 I have buttons, but I don’t know which buttons to press by am including the controls. I just do not know how to remove my bucket to put another component on any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1dayexco2026-03-22 16:06

    if it's a QC that was not made/designed/installed by volvo, it would be my guess there's a stand alone switch somewhere on console, when my QC was disengaging/disengaged...there was an alarm light and a shrill audio alarm to tell you the attachment was not in the connected position. make sure you ALWAYS check attachment of buckets etc. after you reconnect. i've heard of horror stories of operators thinking bucket was properly attached..to swing over the hole and have bucket fall off and kill somebody. all of my excavators, the QC's were installed after purchase, and had a switch installed on front of right console.

  2. #2funwithfuel2026-03-22 16:24

    There is a button on the left console, and one on the right. Press the left to enable the one on the right. It takes a deliberate action of both switches to prevent unwanted bucket disengagement. With both switches depressed, an alarm should sound and you should get an unlock symbol on the display. At this point, curl your bucket over relief and hope the wedge comes loose. Good luck

  3. #3Shimmy12026-03-22 17:07

    It looks like you need at least this switch activated, possibly another on the left side according to FWF.

  4. #4Shahidsolangi492026-04-09 02:08
  5. #5Shahidsolangi492026-04-09 02:13

    If it still does not work, then tell me; I will provide its electrical circuit diagram

  6. #6sfrs42026-04-09 06:25

    Switch, quickfit The quickfit switches make operator perform to exchange a bucket electrically in cab. When the switches (1), (4) are operated simultaneously to the OPEN position, quickfit digging unit is opened, the buzzer is activated and quickfit indicator on the I-ECU is ON. Pressing the buzzer stop & confirm switch to the STOP position , the buzzer will be silenced but the quickfit indicator is still ON. After installing a bucket/tool, turn the switches (1), (4) to the LOCK position and press the buzzer stop & confirm switch to the CONFIRM position, then the quickfit indicator will be OFF.

  7. #7funwithfuel2026-04-09 09:37

    Good info, my apologies. Not making excuses but I have never come across a machine with both switches in the same panel. It's always been left side, right side. Learned something new today.

  8. #8sfrs42026-04-09 11:59

    To be honest I just posted the how to, to help, not to say you were wrong in any way.

  9. #9funwithfuel2026-04-09 19:44

    I got thick skin, I don't mind being wrong. It just means that there's room to improve.