I'm off to the jobsite and I realized I don't know where the dip stick is located and I don't want to have to search around for it in front of the crew. It's been over 20 years since I ran one. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
RT300: OR: IC200: It depends on the engine model where the dipstick is located
Don't panic Cajuncharger. Begin going over the external part of machine, like you're inspecting it, looking under things, looking over things. When you get to the engine, raise the engine hood, look over things, find the dipstick and pull it out like you've been doing it for years. Doing the walk around inspection you won't act like you have no clue where the dipstick is.
LoL, love the pics Voodoo, typical of Broderson, engine could be a Ford, Perkins, Chrysler slant 6, White-Hercules, just whatever engine rolled off the freight truck that day. :tong
Thanks, I didn't realize .... that there could actually be different engines within the same model. I'll have to check out the 300. I remember where the engine compartment is, just not which side or the exact location of the dipstick. ointhead I'm going to try the old man careful examination of the rig to pass it off like you suggested but I hope I don't miss it!!!! LOL How about the hydraulic fluid. Is there a dip stick for that? I look online for days to try and find an operator's manual but I've had no luck. Thanks for you guys' help. :notworthy
I can't be any help with specifics, but the two i ran last year were pretty easy to find. We have a 50 ton link belt at that has a heater hose that covers the dipstick. I looked every damn place for it. Finally called the regular operator and he laughed.
There is a sticker on the ic200 says keep hands clear while engine is running. Operator received seven stitches. Heard 3 diffrent stories. Just glad it was not me. Hope you find that dipstick. I would like to add. Heard a story from the operator that incured injury. (we were both operating brodersons. He had a cab an I did not. sucked when it was cold.) Heard a diffrent version fom another operator on the job. Then heard a diffrent variation of story from the customer safety division personnel.lagh when appropriate
I found the dipstick, it was on the right side. I've had two good days of multiple lifts, ground to platform (about 35' high) and over hand rail as well and pick and carry. My neck is sore from doing backward lifts off of delivery trucks bringing in steel and then swinging around to place into work area. All in all it's been great. I really appreciate you guys.