Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Okay, one more thing ….

Cajuncharger ยท 2013-02-12 19:09

I've never seen or heard what the procedure is for rigging the jib onto the crane. How does that work? :bash

Replies5
  1. #1Blmreject2013-02-13 00:49

    On the carry deck? On most, you just boom in all the way, the pin holes on one side should line up. Put those pins in, remove the keeper holding the jib to the side of the boom. Scope out enough to release the jib. (boomed up a few degrees so it doesn't take off, i tie the tip of the jib off to something) then with the boom flat swing it around and put the other two pins in. Of course you have to pull the line off the tip of the main before so you can run it over the jib. I try and set the block out around where the jib will be so i don't have to pull the block out there by hand. Of course that is just a basic overview, with out a model number i can't get into specifics. It's generally very easy.

  2. #2Tiny2013-02-13 10:48

    I hope the operators manual is on the machine . The manuals are suppose to be machine specific .

  3. #3td25c2013-02-13 21:08

    Check out the Broderson website Cajuncharger.They list allot of info on the RT-300 including the load chart. www.bmccranes.com/rt-300.html

  4. #4cecil892013-02-19 20:39

    I know a lot about Brodersons. Tell your boss I am looking for a job. AAAhh just kidding hope you have good luck with it

  5. #5Cajuncharger2013-02-19 21:34

    It is an RT 300 picker, and yes the manual is on board but it is woeful. No items such as jib covered or even how to switch from 4-wheel drive to 2-wheel drive.