Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with an 873 bobcat with a Duetz

Joeyslushr ยท 2014-03-07 21:54

I have a 873 apart for a guy. Looks like timing belt slipped and bent 4 push rods. Looking for the torque specs on the head. And valve cover. Or a whole book... Valve lash and procedure if possible And the timing procedure. I did a lil searching and see they sell timing pins for these. Anybody have pictures and measurements? I make quite a few of my own tools, couldn't imagine these being any thing to complicated Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Replies13
  1. #1Hardline2014-03-07 23:38

    Yup , just 2 timing pins. I borrowed a set from a buddy when I needed to use a set. Customer did not want to spend the labor I was going to take to remove muffler so he decided to try to run with the bent push rods. Didn't last him to long we were back in it.

  2. #2kshansen2014-03-08 07:08

    I hope you charged him double for the second time.

  3. #3ANDREW C2014-03-08 08:02

    I cannot remember which engine it has. If it is a 2011 then I have a pdf of it. I also have the pins, Ill take a picture of them for you

  4. #4Joeyslushr2014-03-08 08:27

    That's would be great! Thanks I have the head off this one. The guy said fix it right and there's no sense not gettin the head checked out if ur this far already. Was happy to hear that. Some how they have managed over 8k hours with no major problems! I was shocked when I seen that. (Other than the normal boom troubles)

  5. #5ANDREW C2014-03-08 08:36

    PM me your email and Ill send you the manual before I head to work. Ill get pic later today of the pins

  6. #6Joeyslushr2014-03-08 09:12

    Pm sent. Thank you

  7. #7ANDREW C2014-03-08 21:35

    Here's the timing pins, I don't have my calipers handy let me know if your in a panic to get the measurements and I'll dig a set out or if you need any other pictures of them

  8. #8Joeyslushr2014-03-08 22:02

    No big hurry I won't have parts till Wednesday. I got the book file. Damn Germans don't make it too easy to read haha. Thanks a bunch

  9. #9ANDREW C2014-03-08 22:05

    That's a terrible book to read. I had printed it off once, it made it easier to read. It was a thick book though.

  10. #10Joeyslushr2014-03-08 22:16

    Yea 300 some pages! Sure seems like they go out of their way to make it confusing lol

  11. #11ANDREW C2014-03-10 17:48

    Joey- long part of timing pin 7.5mm tip 4.5mm tapper starts 6mm at end of pin. Pin overall is 52mm pin at end of threads to end 45mm. Threads are 10mm fine. There is a 2.5mm hole x 1mm deep in the end of the pin but I don't think it is needed. Handle is 19mm x 75mm knurled at the end with a slot in it for a screwdriver. Here is a link to some on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Timing-Belt...=BI_Heavy_Equipment_Parts&hash=item3369b56483 It looks like he makes them too because mine are from duetz and the tool maker is wilbar and have a duetz emblem on them. Part number 100700.

  12. #12Joeyslushr2014-03-10 19:42

    Thank u sir. If u ever get to mn I owe u a box of beer

  13. #13ANDREW C2014-03-10 19:43

    Let me know if your in alberta