Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

help with bobcat arm switch

demetrios007 ยท 2013-02-18 17:10

I have a 1999 751 that I have apart for new paint/decals. I removed all the electronics and unrouted the cables so they are in the machine and seperated the cab. This is a weekend project I have a body shop to work in but cant leave the machine disabled hence the reason for the re-routing. I assumed I could short out the 3 wire harness to lift arms up to paint it but see the switch is a magnet setup that needs resistance in ohms to work. My question is how can I lift the arms to do sanding/painting without putting cab back on machine. I can move it fine w the push to operate button but not the arms. I DONT need the tilt pedal to work. Is there a solenoid I can manually open? My other thought was to take apart switch in the arm so temp plug in while working on it but not sure it would even work. Thanks in advance. Ill post pics of the progress for you all

Replies2
  1. #1NCPIPELINE2013-02-19 07:41

    Always an option is to crack open the hoses, and use a winch to pull them up?

  2. #2crewchief8882013-02-21 23:04

    in a word, no the seat bar switch is a hall effect type switch. both halves of the switch align to complete the curcuit bobcat has a seat bar tester that can temporarily "bypass" the switch. :drinkup