Hi, I have a 1999 763 high flow- I just purchased a 72 inch high flow snow blower attachment- we had a blizzard last week and the attachment worked poorly , the guy who sold it to me said it was because of the climate Im in (i live on Long Island). The snow was about 22-30 inches. It barely threw the snow about 7-9 feet from the machine. Now the first 4 inches of snow was wet and heavy but the rest was fluffy- I lifted the blower about a foot above the wet snow and started to throw it- I had to keep the motor at full throttle to get it to throw. My question is - is it possible my high flow pump is bad? I do notice that when I am using the bucket its movement is slow while the lift arms seem ok. I did notice hydraulic oil all over the high flow pump but did not find a leaky hose. Oh by the way I used my walk behind blower (32 inch cut 12 hp motor) and it threw the snow at least 25 feet away. According to the manufacturer of the blower I am in the middle of the flow range of their requirements (they require 17-24 gpm on high flow) . Any help would great. Thanks...Chris
Super dumb question, your machine really is high flow right? '99 so I'm thinking your is a G series, all g series had the high flow button even if they don't have high flow. If it has high flow, a yellow LED will light, if not, it won't. Your machine should say highflow on the side. Next would be the check your hose. Flow comes out female. You can reverse flow, but I'm 99% sure high flow does not work in reverse flow. If you just click trigger, it flows correct. Next would be check if the unit is actually switching into high flow. The vavle that controls it my be sticking, or the coil fell off. Either way, electrical would be working and the machine wouldn't know any better. Sounds like a low flow problem, but even your standard flow is about 17 gpm. High flow pump would have nothing to do with lift or tilt speed. It is simply an extra pump the the is pumped in tandem into the aux circuit to increase flow.
I'm not familiar with the max GPM of a 763 hi-flow. Isn't it supposed to flow 30 gpm in hi-flow mode?? and ~18 GPM standard Flow ?? …. with the blower attached, when you engage the hi-flow mode do you hear the fan getting faster ??? …. what make is the blower and what type of motors (name and numbers on tags) does this thing have ???? ….Need more info to help out. With more info maybe its a missmatch to your skid ??? ….. How did they determine that the blower was a Hi-flow type ????? …… And yes it has to be run at WOT ….. :drinkup
Hi Bobcatdan, yes it is high flow, it does say it on the side of the machine,led light does come on,I can reverse flow on the low side but not sure on high flow, there is a high flow pump on the front of the motor off the crankshaft,when I bought this machine from the dealer , the high flow and low flow did not work- when I tried to use it the hydraulic system it would dead head- I got a service manual and figured out that the wireing to the solenoid valve set up in the back of the machine was not correct (the colors didnt match ) also the same under the seat. After plugging all the plugs the right way everything worked. Now I thought that I made have damaged the pump when it dead headed . I know it is switching into high flow because the motor sounds different and the blower fan spins faster. Also I thought too that the flow was either reversed or they put the wrong coupler on the hoses- but they did not and it is turning the right way. I was going to bring the machine down to the local dealer (which is about 45 miles away) but he is about 2-3 weeks back logged, to have it flow tested but I use the machine for other stuff and cant tie it up for that long. The hydraulic fluid and filters were changed before I got the machine- it only has 140 hours on it since I got it- so I dont think the filter is clogged. High Craft, yes when I engage the high flow option the fan does spin faster- but not alot. The make of the blow is Accessories Unlimited, the fan motor is eaton part number S13011,105-1374-006, 7654,89513, I dont know about the auger but I know it is an eaton also, I wanted the low flow version but they said I would do better with the high flow because they would set up the blower motor for a flow between 17 and 30 gpm- they said with my machine I would be in the sweet spot of this unit. Thank you both for all your help.
You dont need a BC mechanic to check the flow. Any hydrualic shop should be able to do that for you. Also you might contact Eaton or maybe the same hyd. shop could tell you what the flow rating is on the Eaton motors that are in the blower. Dead heading should not hurt anything, it should just go over relief. It would be interesting to hook up the low flow side to another attachment and see if that works as it should.
Chris …. Well from what I can tell, the 105-1374-006 number its a 2000 series Eaton/Charlynn wheel motor with ~8.0 cu.in disp …… from what i've been playing with over the years I would hardly call the 2000 series a hi-flow motor, that motor hasn't got alot of torque, it'll work good on momentum only (listen to the fan and keep up the rpm) ….. been there done that. According to Eaton if you ran that motor at 22-25 gpm with a max of 3500psi that would be for intermittent use only and nothing over that …….. But either way you should be able to throw the snow, not have an over grown snow shovel. With the 22-30" snow you had you'll be moving like a snail, (that's a pretty big bite for any blower) I sold my old blower last year to a guy that has an 1840 Case,(very similar to your 763 in hp and standard flow) it only had 16-17 gpm available, I changed the motor to match up to his flow and used the 2000 series but with a slightly less 6.2 cu.in displacement … It didn't work to bad in 12" of snow, it threw about 10-15' …. BUT you had to go really really slow. You're probably on the right track by having the flow checked, you can get any hyd's guy to check that with a flow/pressure meter if the dealer hasn't got the time, there might be a mobile guy around to stop at your place and do it, it should only take a few mins once they've adapted to your couplers …… Assuming that everything is working and you have at least 23 gpm the fan should spin at ~530 rpm under load, you'll hear that. I think a few years ago Steve F. started a thread here, where he talked about his blower and we talked about listening to the fan as well, maybe he'll chime in with the link …lol…. As Dan said, sounds like a flow problem. ……unfortunately with a direct drive blower you are married to the way its set-up, if the motors are mismatched to your machine it won't work. Sorry we can't help out more at the moment. …………….. Keep us posted ……….Cheers
Hi KSSS , CRAFT, thanks for all the advice, I too thought that motor was not a high flow- but they assured me it was- screwed again! I will check into a hydrualic place to check my machine out there is one a town away. KSSS I have used the machine with other attachments - back hoe, grapple,4in1 bucket- they all seemed to work ok. I had ordered a new highflow and standard flow pumps just in case. Wow and to think I only bought this because I do a bunch of driveways and they are too tight to do with my truck- I figured I could do it faster than my walk behind and stay warm in the cab- boy was I wrong . Then again the snow was really deep. I do have videos of the machine throwing the snow- the dealer wanted them to show to their engineers. I wish I knew how to post them so you could see how the machine was doing. Let me know how . Thanks again...Chris
Id like to see the videos as well. I purchased a schulte snowblower that had a 5 cu inch motor on it, which is too small for the unit. I have an s185 bobcat which has 17 gpm flow. I purchased a 6 cu inch motor to put on it and im waiting for it to arrive. I sure hope its worth the money, well see..
Hi zlssefi, I would like to post the videos but have not clue. How far inland in Conn. are you? I am right across the pond from norwalk on the sound.
Hi, sorry no help on your actual problem but I have been using dropbox.com to share large files ie your video. You simply download free software, save file on your computer to the dropbox folder and ideally the other person has dropdox and invite them to share your folder and they can open on their computer. I have not worked with YouTube.com but that might easier to share with more people.
Im in enfield, right on the mass border on 91.
Bobcat specs the 763H at 25 gal/min in high flow. With an 8 cubic inch displacement motor, you get a theoretical no load 722 RPM. If you have an RPM gage, you could pull the motor, engage the aux and check the motor RPM. I bought a high flow blower at an auction and had to purchase a different motor to run it on my 763. I called the manufacturer and they told me to shoot for 800 RPM on mine. The desired RPM is partially dependent on the diameter of the blower fan. (The larger the fan, the higher the speed at the outside edge of the fan for a given RPM. Faster tip speed equals a farther throw.) Another thing to check is some blowers have an adjustable plate in the discharge port on the fan housing. It allows you to adjust for different snow densities. Take a look at your blower. If it has an adjustment plate, open it up all the way and give it another try.
Hi all, my blower fan is 24 inches , there is no adjustment in the discharge port either. I am going to try to get the videos up today so all can see it- keep in mind that in the videos the machine is at 3/4 to full throttle, and I am not moving that fast at all- I tell you my walk behind snow blower would have been faster than that machine. Now the dealer wants me to have the machine checked and they want me to wait till the next snow and take another video and send it to them- I told them it may not snow any more this year- are you going to refund my money next year if we find out its your attachment and not my machine? They said they would but it would cost me a 10% restocking fee plus some shipping. I hope my machine has a flow problem, because it would be easier and cheaper to fix - then to send that attachment back. Thanks for all your advice and help...Chris
Hope you get it sorted out. Performance is all about running the attachment at the designed speed. If the blower motor is not sized correctly for the AUX flow on your loader you will never be happy. The motor I chose for mine was an Eaton 2000 series 4.9 cu in. With 15 gal/min gives me about 700 rpm and is turning a little slower than optimum. I chose the motor size to allow me to use it on the newer loaders that have a little higher flow rates on the standard flow machines. My fan is smaller than yours (18 inches) and will still throw 20+ feet in most snow conditions. If wet, or snow is being re-blown from a previous pass it will not blow as far. On deep snows I have found that lifting the blower and taking a shallower passes can be more efficient than trying to take the full depth of the blower housing in a single pass. Don't drive faster than the blower can discharge. It will compact inside the blower and not want to clear. The auger needs to chew it up and feed it to the fan in smaller pieces. Depending on snow conditions, I still find plowing to be more efficient much of the time here in southern Minnesota. I know a guy who ordered a 3 point PTO attachment for his CAT CTL through an internet vendor. When he hooked up to his tiller, it would barely dig. I looked at the specs on the PTO motor. It was the wrong displacement! He called to company; they had the wrong information on the AUX flow rate for his model loader. They wouldn't just swap out motors. He had to ship the entire attachment back and they shipped him a new unit.
The outside edge of my 18 inch fan is moving at about 37 MPH. If your 24 inch fan was spinning at 722 RPM the outside edge should be moving at about 51 MPH. That should be throwing snow way out there if the fan speed is kept up.
Never Forget ! …. those figures you post are at 100% flow (no-load ) speed …. ALL hydraulics RPM's are based at 80% of these figures, that's where your system pressure is at max psi, and where engine rpm holds peak power before falling off ……. So if you take the 722 rpm X 80% = 578 rpm which is right there, where as a pto driven tractor blower of the same model would be running at 540 rpm. …… Have a good one !
I couldn't find any reference to the model number that the OP posted. It may be a vendor spec'd model. If so, you would have to get the spec from them. However, the 2000 series motors are rated much higher than 80%. Eaton's Technical Documentation for a 2000 Series 8 cubic inch motor is only rated for continuous duty up to 20 gpm. Above 20 gpm or above 3500 psi, it is only rated for intermittent duty (10% of each minute). Not a good choice for his application At 2000 psi, the technical charts show the motor only drops to 692 rpm and at 3000 psi the motor drops to 682 rpm. A better choice would have been the 4000 Series. At least they are rated for 25 gpm continuous. The 7.9 cubic inch motor is not quite as efficient: 690 rpm at 2000 psi and 653 at 3000 psi. Back to the OP's issue, if the motor is not turning fast enough, the machine is not pumping enough volume through it, or it is out of spec and bypassing internally. He still has to determine if his machine is up to spec or the motor on the blower is too large or bad.
Hi TriHonu, CRAFT, boy I wish my blower would throw the snow 20+ feet- do you think I have the wrong motor for the fan ? Should I contact Eaton? Because if your specs above are correct then maybe I do have the wrong motor. I am going to see if that hydraulic shop can test my flow on my machine- but I have to dig my trailer out- due to hurricane sandy and the blizzard it is buried under alot of snow and fallen tree limbs. I am still trying to get my videos uploaded- I managed to send them from my phone to the computer- but now I cant open them for some reason. Thanks again , I will keep you updated.
My 2 cents: The term "high flow" by itself is not specific enough to conclude anything. It varies between machines. That's why Bobcat offers several different hydraulic motors for the same snowblower attachment. The blower hydraulic requirements have to be matched to the skid's hydraulic ability in order to achive best performance. My S650 has a "high flow" ability of 30.5 gpm. The dealer sold me a SB200 blower with a "high flow" motor package of 9.6 ci/rev to go on the S650. That combination results in a theoretical fan rpm of 734. The blower has a 20" diameter fan. I have been very pleased with the performance of this combination, even in wet snow:
DAMN!!!!:iagree
With many years of experience owning several snowblowers for skidloaders, I would bet it's just the deep wet snow that you were having trouble in. The main reason I switched to large tractors and blowers was the speed to clear driveways dropped significantly with the skiddys. I've had 66" blowers set up on New Holland LS170's and Bobcat S185's, 72" blowers on Bobcat 873G and Deere 326 D (EH controls) as well as a few other fill in configurations. These were all standard flow machines, blowers are Erskine and Bobcat standard flow with a combo off 7 & 14 pin electric connectors. The most efficient combo was the 66" Bobcat blower on my Deere 326D skidloader. In 12" plus dry snow any of the combos worked fine, wet was a different story. Also, if you move the arms or roll the bucket when blowing you'll take some of the flow away from the blower.
I would. Give them the complete model number off the motor and tell them flow rating of your AUX. They will be able to tell you the motor displacement and whether the motor is able to handle the flow. If the motor is not rated for the flow and pressure of your machine, it will probably result in a lower lifespan for the motor. They could also give you the motor RPMs at no-load and 3000 psi if you ask nice...
I got a chance to try out my snowblower up here in Ct. The blower came with a 4.9 cu in. motor which even the manufacturer said was too small. We matched my machine up with a 6 cu in motor and the blower works much better. Digging into half frozen half slush snow banks we were throwing it about 15 feet up and 25 feet away. Plenty of power for a condo complex.
Hi zlssefi, thats great , I have not used mine since the blizzard- the last snow wasnt deep enough and it was very heavy- I spoke to a couple of contractors that use similar blowers like mine over here and they say they work fine even in deep wet snow. So when I get a chance I will bring my machine to get the flow rate checked out and I will contact the company that makes the hydraulic motor and see what they say. Things have been very busy around here - just buried my father inlaw yesterday. I think we are done with snow for this year. I will let you know what the manufacture and the hydraulic shop says.
First off, sorry to hear about your FIL. My condolences to your family. As far as the snow blower. I have read a couple times in here where you said that you run your machine between 3/4 & full throttle. WOT is a MUST when running these large cu. in. hydraulic motors. Power transfer through a hydraulic system is a very inefficient. The window to run equipment such as a snowblower is very narrow so by dropping your engine speed (pump speed) by even a couple hundred RPM can make a huge difference. Try running the engine at WOT next time and adjust your travel speed depending on your engine RPM. If the engine begins to lug, slow down. That is my experience operating high flow equipment.
I'm one to believe the WOT idea, but my Deere 326 D (eh controls) I was running at only 3/4 at the most with no problems. When I first started with blowers, both my Bobcat and New Holland sales guys said most machines will run attachments just fine at 70-90% throttle. Since we have the hand and foot throttle, machine is set at 70% and if needed just push the foot pedal to add some juice.
Thankyou Twisted, blowerman, when I bought this blower I had told the company that I wanted to run the machine a little bit less than full throttle - they said that they would set up the blower to run some where in the middle of my hydraulic range, which sounded fine to me. I have videos of the machine working at full throttle but I am having a hard time loading them. I wish you could see them and give me a little insight.If I am able to load them you will see if I move any slower I wont be moving at all plus I could crawl faster than I was moving. Im hoping by next week I will be able to bring the machine in for testing the flow. I did talk to a few contractors out here (long island ny) they use similar set ups on their skid steers and they have no problems even in wet snow. Im hoping its something real stupid like a hydraulic pump on the machine or a solenoid not working properly . I will keep you posted. Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.
One more thing to check. The blower itself. If the clearance between the fan and the fan housing is too great, snow will drag and use unusually high torque to drive the fan. Since this is a new blower, it should not be an issue, but worth a check. There should be no more than 1/8" to 3/16" clearance between the fan tips and the blower housing at the bottom of the fan housing. Anything greater than this will use up a lot of hydraulic power especially in wet snow or slush.