Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with estimating

Mountainmover ยท 2013-09-15 23:16

Hello, I have a small grading business. I have a couple of excavators, dozers, dump trucks, backhoes, a cat ctl loader, old graders and a few old Wabco pans.... I have a hard time of estimating jobs that are larger than small site, basements,mans driveways because I don't have any software and take off systems. Is there anyone on here than can figure cubic yards of dirts based on existing and proposed elevations. Topsoil amounts....A list of gravel, erosion control, and material quantities.... Clearing and grubbing.... And suggested ideas for costs....hours...and such? It is georgia clay mostly. I can't pay a whole bunch but I can pay something fair. It is a 7 acre +/- solar far site that needs a meager gravel service entrance. I have a PDF file of the plans in email. I can use PayPal.

Replies3
  1. #1RBMcCloskey2013-09-23 15:50

    Just saw your post. I will give you a hand but, when is the job bid, how much time do you have to put the estimate together?

  2. #2RBMcCloskey2014-06-05 21:46

    How did you ever make out with that job I did the take-off on, how has business been? Bob

  3. #3CM19952014-06-06 07:28

    I use an excel spreadsheet, modified over the years, to calculate quantities, hours, production, unit rates, etc. Old school on the take-off, paper prints and engineers scale.