Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

help with fitting type

sloped ยท 2023-11-20 22:38

Hello all, I am Dave. I would not think this would be so difficult yet here I am : ) I have a 2005 Cat 226B Skid steer and I have a final drive that is leaking hydraulic fluid into the chain drive compartment. So I have 2 questions really 1. are the hydraulic fittings on this orfs? 2. will anyone rebuild that drive or is it strictly a replace type item? Thank you in advance for any help.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2023-11-21 05:30

    That doesn't really mean a lot. All parts & service information is determined by the machine Serial Number. I'm guessing your machine is probably MJH-something but there are breaks in the production so a full S/N is key to providing accurate information. On the hystat lines or in general.? They will probably be a mixture of ORFS on the hose connections and SAE straight thread on the adapters. The parts manual says "no serviceable parts" but that is searching without the benefit of a S/N. Aftermarket might be a different story and/or your only option.

  2. #2sloped2023-11-21 09:36

    Thank you so much for the quick response. Unfortunately even with the serial number the Cat website often says they cannot guarantee fit for my machine. I was asking about the fitting because I want to buy a plug/cap kit for when I swap the drive out. I have come to realize replacement is my option. Can you by chance tell me if the drive motor part number 220-8152 will fit my machine. I have conflicting info some say yes some say no. From what I gather this part number is a replacement for 191-9650 can you tell me if this is true. My machine serial is MJH05227 Thank you again, I see you are a huge asset here. I appreciate you Sir!!

  3. #3Nige2023-11-22 10:37

    Probably a different site to the one we use..... All that is needed. There is a difference...... 191-9650 is the "Hydrostatic Motor & Mounting Group". In total the Group comprises two drive motors and the associated hardware required to install them as shown by the illustration below. 1. 220-8152 is the Part Number for ONE drive motor, as indicated by the callout #2 on the illustration. 2. 220-8152 is the same Part Number of drive motor fitted to your machine when it was originally built in September 2005. If you go looking you should find a metal tag riveted somewhere on the case showing that Part Number. 3. There is a Reman motor available from Cat. The Part Number is 10R-3335. 4. There are plenty of internal repair parts listed for the 220-8152 motor. I don't know what your feelings are regarding pulling something like this apart and successfully rebuilding it.