Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

help with front steering cyclinder

ckinser1 ยท 2015-03-30 16:55

I have a case 590 SL with a leaky cylinder on the steering. I got the linkage off no problem but getting the cylinder off the front Axel is being almost impossible. Looks like there are 2 huge bolts that hold it on. Access is crappy. Anyone else removed one of these before and how did u do it..

Replies2
  1. #1melben2015-03-31 08:40

    If they are like the 580 they can be disassembled on the machine IIRC, no need to remove the barrel. They are a very trouble free cylinder. We sold many of them and only had to repack two or three of them.

  2. #2ckinser12015-03-31 12:58

    I don't have any choice on the barrel unless I do it myself as I am having a company repack the cylinders for me. I managed to get a unpack driver on the but but it still will not budge. I am off to buy a 3/4;extension to give me more swing room on the breaker bar. If that fails then I will have no choice but to rebuild in place.