Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with JCB 214s hydraulic line question

Brents347 · 2026-05-30 22:59

Can you help me identify these quick disconnects on the backhoe arm of a 2006 JCB 214s I am considering buying? This photo shows (I believe), the two bucket hydraulic lines but what are the two (I believe larger) quick disconnects for? The backhoe has an Amulet Hoe clamp thumb attached, which doesn’t use extra hydraulic lines, so are these quick disconnects for another brand or type of hydraulic thumb? The JCB 214s puts out about 39gpm of hydraulic fluid at around 3000psi but I am correct in understanding that this is a dual pump system where one pump handles the first 25 or so gpm and the secondary handles the rest? I want to set up this 214 high a high-flow snowblower (about 36 or so gpm) but I need all that gpm available at once, not split up. Would these two rear quick disconnects have that higher flow to them? Any help appreciated, Brent

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2026-05-31 01:21

    Looks like regular flat face couplings. As far as running a high flow continuous implement like a snowblower I think you'd run into overheating the hydraulic fluid unless you added some kind of oil cooler. Also to run 36 GPM continuous you'd need to get high flow quick couplers. Not having suitable quick couplers would also contribute to heating the oil.

  2. #2csthompson122026-06-01 07:38

    Post a few more pictures of where these lines are coming from if you can.

  3. #3AU.CASE2026-06-02 20:10

    Interesting that our local authority (Council) had its WB90 Komatsu with a multi-function 'hoe bucket' on accessory QD fittings just like that along our dirt road.

  4. #4willie592026-06-02 21:17

    Judging by the size of those hoses, looks like possibly 3/8", 1/2" at best, there's no way those auxiliary lines are high flow, takes way bigger lines than that for high flow.

  5. #5DustAndRay2026-06-04 05:52

    Those larger couplers are most likely auxiliary hydraulics, probably for a hydraulic thumb, hammer, or grapple. Since the Amulet thumb is mechanical, it doesn’t use them. You’re right that the 214S uses a tandem pump system, around 21 GPM plus 18 GPM, about 39 GPM total. But that does not mean those rear couplers get the full 39 GPM. Most likely the rear aux circuit only sees one pump, around 20 GPM. I would not count on it running a 36 GPM snowblower unless it has a flow-combining/high-flow setup. Have the couplers flow-tested before buying.